Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Long range solo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Silver Member
Well thanks for the imput guys! now I just need to find a place close to home to get some trigger time in, THAT is going to be the hardest part! it would be nice to have a place to shoot closer to home but I didn't grow up around here and I don't know enough farmers I tried to find a place to lease just for shooting but not much luck there either knocked on some doors and while the people were real friendly someone before me screwed it up and left the gate open or left a mess of trash on thier place and I don't blame them for not letting someone they don't know on their place. I'll be making a trip back home this coming weekend so I'll have to go visit some old friends, an hour drive is a heck of a lot better than 2 1/2.

royinidaho, do I know what you mean but it seems I'm the one with the crazy schedule not near enough time seems like everyone just keeps running out of time.

mikebob, hey I used to hunt up there close to you! BIG deer and it could get COLD quick. The ex's family was over by Fargo and she had a cousin that lived in Lavern crap what was his name heck I can't remember I just remember I was in hog heaven with the yote calling up there, I belive just West of his place their was a farmer that had a mess of sheep and calling out there was almost too easy. Thanks for the offer!

Unread 12-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member
Most of my practice and hunting is done alone. Sometimes I set the video camera up so it shoots over my shoulder set @ 20X. I watch it later and this helps show some errant shots, or a missed wind change, bullet trace is often visable.
Unread 12-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Platinum Member
LRH alone

I been hunting alone for 40 yrs. A bit weary of it now.

NRA Life Member
Unread 12-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Silver Member
I practice alone in Michigan and in Colorado. I wish I had a spotter that was as into it as I am. I hunt alone but it toois getting old for me. I am just about ready to book an elk hunt and my friends all said no. They were all yes's until it was time to send a deposit though