Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Long Range Shooting Event in Alex, Oklahoma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Bronze Member

Long Range Shooting Event in Alex, Oklahoma

The host for this event is Rick Reeves and this is the first time he or anyone else has held any kind of shooting event in this area. I picked up a flyer and am posting it here in case anyone may be interested.
I hope more people in this area get interested in the shooting sports.
Thanks.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:17 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Long Range Shooting Event in Alex, Oklahoma

I'll see you there!! Have you talked to Rick? I was just curious how many people have entered. My buddy and I were the first two to pay.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Bronze Member

Bill,
I was at his range this morning fireforming some Lapua Brass in my 6x284. We were shooting from 500 to 750 yards.
I hope I get to make the shoot at least one day - work obligations may interfere.
I think he has six signed up for the factory class and a lot of maybes. I think quite a few are holding back until the last moment not knowing what to expect since this is the first shooting event that has ever been held in this area.
I don't have anything factory that I would call a "shooter" but who knows what it will take to win the factory class.
I know what most of the guys that will/should/could/might shoot in the custom or open class but I'm kind of lost about the factory guys.
I hope that lots of people turn up and show an interest in events such as this.
Keep in touch.

Larry Morris
Old 05-15-2005, 11:35 PM
Gold Member

is all of this bench shooting only?
What kind of targets? if its not a standardized target, what size is it?
Any plans to expand past 500?
maybe I should just call Mr. Reeves....
Old 05-16-2005, 07:52 AM
Bronze Member

Abinok,
Yes, this is bench shooting only.
Targets are 4" balloons.
There is no plans at this time to shoot balloons past 500 yards but there will be an egg shoot after each class.
There will some shooting at steel targets past 500 yards after all competition ends - just goofing off type shooting.

Call Rick Reeves and he will fill you in on the particulars.
He's a good guy but you can him heck just the same. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Larry
Old 10-04-2005, 02:52 PM
SPONSOR

Just wanted to resurect this post since they are doing it again this weekend. If you are in the area, come out and shoot. It would be nice to have a few more people this go round.

The shoot last spring was a great time and Lerch and I are really looking forward to this one. Come out, and bring your wallet [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!!!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:38 AM
SPONSOR

Since I'm lazy and don't want to type up another message, I thought I would bump this up again. Rick will be hosting another shoot on Sunday May, 7. This time it will be a one day event and anything but a rail gun will be legal. If your close come out. There will also be no charge for spectators, so even if you don't shoot come out and see what this deal is all about. The facilities are second to none and it is a great time!!!

I don't really want to post Rick's phone # here w/out his permission, so if you have any questions call me @ work from 8-5 CST 800-522-3314 or in the evenings on my cell 405-880-7269. If I don't answer, leave a message w/your # and I'll get back w/you.

B.J.