Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

London Humour

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Gold Member

London Humour

If you're up to speed on what's been happening in London; this may amuse...

Allegedly photographed at Notting Hill Gate Tube Station [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Law Enforcement Humour

How about this piece of advice:

During these trying times; Please follow the directives of the Police IMMEDIATELY .

Do people really have to be told this? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Platinum Member

Re: London Humour

Ah yes
The obligatory public service anouncement......for those without any common scense.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Gold Member

Today I got to listen to the local talking head complain about how this mans rights were violated... "how did they have the right to shoot him just because he was running away"
Of course he made the same comments about the various roadblock shootings in Iraq a while back.
Is it really that hard for people to understand that the only reason police or military personel acting as police carry guns, is to shoot you if you don't do as they say?
Old 07-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Silver Member

Being shot whilst "running". Herd he was already held down, but that may not be true.

Strange though why only 5 rounds, some snubby possibly but Glocks hold more.

Remember on the rock - why did you shoot him 13 times - cause the mag ran out (Browning GP35).

Problem is in the uk the police can and do shoot who they like, subjects are expendable citizens are not. So if some police or other f===er makes a mistake, whoever they are and decides to shoot me for something I have not done I would always like to be in the position to shoot the f===er back and preferably first. Guess thats why I now live in a civilised coutry with concealed carry.

It is always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

David.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Gold Member

The guy tripped and was jumped upon and restrained by 2 plain clothed officers a third plain clothed officer then bent over and shot him 7 times in the head, in my book that is an excecution.
It turns out the guy was a Brazilian carpenter who had been living in London for 3 years.
The police's excuse was that he came out of a house that was under survailence and we suspected he was a suicide bomber.
In that case why was he not apprehended as soon as he came out of the house, instead he was allowed to travel on a bus then an undreground train and was on his way to boarding his second train when he was murdered.

Ian.

"I mean't to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"
Old 07-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Silver Member

Guess I was wrong on the snubby, unless a S&W 686 plus or Taurus.

Seems like murder to me, but where is the trial? will there be one.... or have they already said "not in the public interest".

Sad but apart from Bisley (which is sort of its own little world) I have no desire to return to the uk and that has a lot to do with it becoming more of a police state.... latest "improvement" when I was over last was "saftey partnership vans" guess they need to fund the ammo they are expending.

David.