Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

**** lodge/masons oaths ****

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Silver Member

Re: **** lodge/masons oaths ****

OK guys, now I'm done with this thread. Going over to see what the status is on hunting brown bear with slingshots.

Tom
Old 01-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll-Yur-Own View Post
Tom, I agree with you. I believe God is too big for any one religion.

I'm not arguing over which one is going to Heaven. It frustrates me when any one religion thinks that "they" are the ones going and if you don't believe in Jesus then you're not going to Heaven.

or, the king james Bible is the "true" word of God. Its pathetic. The king james version is only 400 years old.

What is amusing is that these guys don't like big gov't telling them what to do but that is exactly what they have. Except pat robinson and similar folks run that gov't.

What I sincerely find dangerous is that there is a large number of these zealots and many of them would act no different than terrorists is told to do so by there leadership.

Haven't evangelicals blown up abortion clinics in the name of God? What makes that different than 9/11 terrorists other than the number of causualties?

I'm not trying to change someones mind about their religion. I'm simply suggesting people be tolerant of others.

Roll-Yur-Own,

Have you every studied any of these religions you talk about? They are wildly divergent in their basic tennants and beliefs. Are you willing to believe a God that says they are all OK? There's a stretch in credibility for yourself and very much more for the 'god' you seem to believe in. Think about that. You are putting your 'god' in box that makes you comfortable. Would you want to serve a 'god' like that? A 'god' like that doesn't deserve your service, yet that's exactly what many do. The Creator of the Universe does deserve your service.

You are serving yourself with philosophy like this. You are making up your own 'god'. God Almighty will not be put in a 'box' and you will face Him one day to account for your actions and whether you rejected the Gift of his Son, or not.

Tolerance...it sound like to me that you are willing to be very tolerant of every religion that you are comfortable with and not very tolerant of true Christianity which is not a religion, but a relationship with the one true God. Hmm...isn't it interesting that so many folks want to talk about tolerance but are anything but when they come face to face with true Christianity. Why is true Christianity singled out so often in our culture? We're often more concerned to talk nicely about Islam than we are about Christianity.

Let's 'pretend' and 'assume', for arguments sake, that Satan exists and that there is truely a tremendous spiritual battle ongoing for the souls of men between Satan and God. Would not Satan be happy and 'tolerant' of you believing whatever you wish other than the truth, which for the sake of argument, we'll call the beliefs of true Christianity? Satan wouldn't care what you believe as long as he had your soul, but he really doesn't like it when you believe the Truth, because then he is not winning the battle for your soul. Hmmm...sound at all familiar?

Again, don't base your beliefs and philosophies on the sinful actions of a few. That's a copout. Base your philosophies and beliefs on the one true God.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 01-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddog1m View Post
OK guys, now I'm done with this thread. Going over to see what the status is on hunting brown bear with slingshots.

Tom

That certainly would be easier.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 01-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Why this discussion on LRH? I've never heard even a similar topic at the hunting camp?
x2
I think people are entitled to their own opinions and at the same time they shouldn't try to shove it in anyone's face. I also think is wrong to accuse someone of lying and then tell them to grow balls because your to close-minded to believe them. I guess there's a lot of hard-asses on the internet
Old 01-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmden View Post
Roll-Yur-Own,

Have you every studied any of these religions you talk about? They are wildly divergent in their basic tennants and beliefs. Are you willing to believe a God that says they are all OK? There's a stretch in credibility for yourself and very much more for the 'god' you seem to believe in. Think about that. You are putting your 'god' in box that makes you comfortable. Would you want to serve a 'god' like that? A 'god' like that doesn't deserve your service, yet that's exactly what many do. The Creator of the Universe does deserve your service.

You are serving yourself with philosophy like this. You are making up your own 'god'. God Almighty will not be put in a 'box' and you will face Him one day to account for your actions and whether you rejected the Gift of his Son, or not.

Tolerance...it sound like to me that you are willing to be very tolerant of every religion that you are comfortable with and not very tolerant of true Christianity which is not a religion, but a relationship with the one true God. Hmm...isn't it interesting that so many folks want to talk about tolerance but are anything but when they come face to face with true Christianity. Why is true Christianity singled out so often in our culture? We're often more concerned to talk nicely about Islam than we are about Christianity.

Let's 'pretend' and 'assume', for arguments sake, that Satan exists and that there is truely a tremendous spiritual battle ongoing for the souls of men between Satan and God. Would not Satan be happy and 'tolerant' of you believing whatever you wish other than the truth, which for the sake of argument, we'll call the beliefs of true Christianity? Satan wouldn't care what you believe as long as he had your soul, but he really doesn't like it when you believe the Truth, because then he is not winning the battle for your soul. Hmmm...sound at all familiar?

Again, don't base your beliefs and philosophies on the sinful actions of a few. That's a copout. Base your philosophies and beliefs on the one true God.
+1 Satan could care less if you went to church said a 1000 hail maries prayed everyday wore long dresses / suites and ties taught sunday shool or even preached.

Mathew Chapter 7 verse 22,23
Many will say to me in that day Lord, Lord have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many WONDERFUL WORKS?
And then will I (Jesus) profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This was the words from Jesus himself .
This passage was to unsaved people I have seen pentacostals take this and try to prove that one could fall from grace or loose their salvation I believe that we could all agree that jesus cannot lie so he said depart from me ye that work iniquity (I NEVER KNEW YOU). He could not say you used to be saved but now because you have sinned I never knew you .

As the song writer said." That's why he died on calvary when I could not come to were he was he came to me "

Bigbuck
Old 01-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Platinum Member

For those who still think or try to pervade that the lodge does not try to act as some type of church then take a look at this .
Page 59 of the Blue Lodge and Chapter Masonry hand book.
This is during the Rite of Induction Quote
The senior Deacon returns to the door, which he immediately opens, and says: "It is the order of the worshipful Master that the candidate enter this Lodge in the NAME OF THE LORD, and be recieved in due form." Sound like a fraternity" I don't think so! The senior Deacon recieves him on the point of the compass, pressed to his naked left breast,

Page 86 of the Masonry book COVERING:
The covering of the Lodge is the clouded canopy, or starry decked heaven, where all good Masons hope at last, to arrive by the aid of a ladder called Jacob's Ladder having three principal rounds denominated faith, hope and charity, teaching faith in God, hope in immortality, and charity to all mankind.

I've noticed that Masonry weavs scripture throughout their book.

Just some more info

Bigbuck
Old 01-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Gold Member

Just came across this thread and felt compelled to speak my piece.

An observation I have made is that we as Christians can be very proud, self seeking and downright sinful. I think a mistake we make is trying to be righteous in our own eyes,thinking we can somehow do it. I cannot tell anyone how to be saved as it is truly a work that is done inside a person. as man can speak one thing and have something much different in his heart, but I can tell you who can save you, Jesus Christ and he said if we seek first his kingdom we will find it. I feel a lot of people are not willing to put forth the effort of seeking the Lord, therefore they will never find him.

I think religion is a big deal. There are very few religions that say "there are many ways to God", in fact the bible says narrow is the way that leads to life and few therein find it and broad is the road to destruction.

I believe the bible is the inspired word of God (not just KJV) why? because history and archeology supports the bible 100% also because prophecies in the bible to date have been true 100% I believe it is the inspired word of God because God says it is his inspired word. I have a desire in my heart to live eternally, it is sad for me to think of death and being no more, maybe purely selfish?, but I believe God designed us to live eternally, but because of the fall of man and the curse our days on this earth are numbered. My encouragement to others would be to search for the truth. If you think the bible is just another book, research the history. Put some time into it you will find many religious "books" started from somebodies dream or idol or portions of the bible, which have been twisted and mangled to "fit" peoples lifestyles.

I believe ignorance will not be bliss on these issues.

As far as Christians telling other people how to live, I have a strong distaste for this. Again, this is probably pride on my part, for I find I respond much better to a loving attitude. I have seen lots of "Christan's" say "how could this Christian do this or that" or " how can they be a Christian if they do that" I see my walk with the Lord as slow at times but a gradual changing of my heart and I find when I try to change it on my own power, I just screw up, but as I see God's patience and love and keep seeking his knowledge and wisdom in his word and his creations, there is a growing love and admiration for my creator and his plan for salvation (In other words his "fix" for man's sinfulness)

I just went through an audio series by Chip Ingram called "Why I believe" finding answers to life's most difficult questions.
Pretty cool stuff. worth the time as it really deals with history and science as evidence. If someone is interested in going through it, I'd be happy to loan them my set or here is a web link to purchase LOTE Community.

Thanks for reading.

308nate