Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

**** lodge/masons oaths ****

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Silver Member

Re: **** lodge/masons oaths ****

[QUOTE=Roll-Yur-Own;350416]Jesus also said...

Only those who follow the king james Bible are going to heaven?
Never said that. I find word meanings have changed since then and the KJV can be hard to understand. The New KJV is better and there are other ones that are good too.

You guys are absurd.
Very judgmental??

Didn't Jesus want people to stop listening to religious leaders who "Laid heavy burdens for people to carry while they themselves don't lift a finger" ?
In the Last Days there are a lot of 'church' leaders that you shouldn't listen too. I sure wouldn't want to be one with all the temptations they go through, like all people in 'high' places.

Jesus was a liberal jew. Very left wing. He would have been considered communist by your standards.
You don't even know what my standards are??

This is a fact. He was an Essene. "Its easier for a camel to pass through a needles eye then for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven."
I sure don't have to worry about the rich thing being out of work for almost a year.

You guys would also call him anti gun.
"Put away your swords"
Judgment again.

You want to twist Jesus into some right wing hard line conservative who will send everyone to hell then you are not too bright.
He gave His life for everyone but only those that believe/trust/rely on Him will have the GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE not working your way to Heaven.
"God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son"

notice he so loved the WORLD. Not just you people.
You sure are judgmental.

You have no right to judge any mans relationship with the Lord. "Don't worry about the spec in your neighbors eye. First get the plank out of your own eye."
I never judged any ones relationship, you would have to be a mind reader. You can get a hint sometimes but you can never really know. I actually like to give people the benefit of the doubt but then again I can be very trusting. Since you don't know me I guess you wouldn't know that.

Fact is you guys really dont even follow Jesus. You follow some idiots who control you by telling you what Jesus wants and your going to burn for eternity if you don't listen and make them rich.
There is that judgmental thing again, see a pattern here.

They need fuel for their private jets.
Never saw a jet at any church I've belonged to, heck non of the pastors even owned a new car.

Remember Jimmy Swaggert with the hooker. (Was he just casting evil out of her?)
That is one of how many pastors out there???

Can't remember that baker guys first name but his wife was Tammy Fay. He was doing his assistant Jessica Hahn and stealing money. His dogs had gold faucets in their doghouses.
They started out as a kids puppet ministry, I read somewhere. I never met them so I can't say much.

But they are all going to heaven while good decent people are not?
I don't know about them.
If being good will get you to Heaven why did Jesus have to die on the cross?
Being good is a result of being a believer in Jesus and you can be good without being a believer but not being a believer, trusting and relying on Jesus, you are just a good person with an eternity that will not be a happy one.

And please, don't reply with your BS statement that nobody is good but the lord.
Nobody is perfect or they wouldn't be human they would be God.

=Quote]
Old 01-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Gold Member

I don't think I'm being judgemental. Evangelical Christians don't hide there views.

Let me ask you this.

Are the Jews, Hindus, and Buddists not going to Heaven?

By the way, you commented on a lot in my post by didn't comment on Ted Haggert. Care to?
Old 01-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Silver Member

Depends on who they think Jesus is and their relationship with Him.

Never heard of him.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Platinum Member

Don't let the failures of many very human people derail your search for ultimate truth. That is a very common copout of many--been there myself. It's a worthless point.

We are all hypocrites and fail and sin miserably everyday and that is exactly why we need the forgiveness that only Christ can give paid for by his death on the cross. His life for our life, for life 'is in the blood' (Lev. 17:11--"For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life." This was the basis and reason for the Jewish sacrificial system. When we sin, it is so serious to God that the life blood of a creature must be shed to atone for our sins. God is equal parts love and justice. (We often want to talk about the love and little about the justice.) This system was ended with the ultimate blood sacrifice to take away the sins of the world in entirety--Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God. We deserve nothing but condemnation and death for our sins, yet He chose to save ANYONE if only we truly ask His forgiveness and repent of our sins, accept Him as Lord and Savior of our lives and truly seek and follow Christ (with many mistakes along the way, no doubt, thank God for the forgiveness that I need every day) for the remainder of our earthly lives.

God did not create this horrific world we live in now to be the way it is. It was initially created perfect and will be restored in the future.

I can get into the whole creation/evolution debate, but suffice to say that a tremendous amount of evidence (I say much better evidence than that twisted to support evolution and anti-true God philosophies.) to support exactly what the Bible says regarding a literal six day creation, Noah's flood (hmmm...where did all those fossils come from all over the world and hmm... what specific set of requirements do you have to have for fossils to be created in the first place?), etc. exists and is suppressed in a tremendous fashion by the 'scholars of this age'--look that phrase up in your Bible. If you saw Ben Stein's movie (Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed) a couple of years ago, you'll start to just get a feel for the very tip of the iceberg...

God created Adam and Eve with an ability to make a choice to chose to obey God and love Him or not. They had a perfect sinless life and relationship with their Creator. There was only one thing they were told not to do, however, and they did it. With one sin, Adam and Eve caused the curse on the perfect world God made and now the ravages of sin affect EVERYTHING on this earth from that time on and it's not getting any better--the justice part of God. Some of God's power/blessing was lifted from this earth at that time and we all bear the result of that original sin. Don't mess with Him.

BUT, God, in his infinite grace and mercy, (the love part of God) provided a way out of this mess we got ourselves into through the holy and perfect sacrifice of His Son, Jesus. We, we all, nailed Him to that cross. He was put there for and because of our sins, that through his sacrifice (life for life) we could be restored to a right relationship with God that allow us to spend an eternity with Him. A wonderful gift...only for the asking.

Perfect created world...all of God's blessing. Current cursed/sinful world...some of God's blessing...enough to find Him and a right relationship with Him (Rom 1:20). A 'world' completely void of God's blessing? Hell.

This world will be restored to that perfect, sinless world it once was, as mentioned in Isaiah, and was meant to be and those that choose to follow Christ and not reject his sacrifice for us will live in that perfect world with no pain, no sorrow.

We like to think we have all kinds of choices in life. In reality we have two--in every action, behavior, thought, etc. We either choose to follow and obey the Creator of the Universe or we choose to sin against Him and reject Him. Both provide clear pathways.

The question is, will you choose Him?

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 01-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotefever View Post
Depends on who they think Jesus is and their relationship with Him.

Never heard of him.
Why don't you have the balls to say that you think they are going to hell. For a guy that I'm certain is not a democrat you sure gave a Bill Clinton answer. You know very well the tenants of those religions does not include Jesus. C'mon, say it. Have balls.

Please answer this. I really want to hear your thought on this.........

What happens to the babies killed by abortion? Do they go to Heaven? They didn't know Jesus?

As for never hearing of Ted Haggert. You're full of it! He was leader of the "national association of evangeicals" You know exactly who he is. And if you really don't you do now.

Lucky for him he was counceled by four ministers for damage control.....I mean.....to "embrace" his heterosexual side. He's completely heterosexual? Yes, he's completely heterosexual with a taste for penis. Give me a break!

Read below and lets hear you thoughts on this hypocrit:

Ted Arthur Haggard (born June 27, 1956) is a former American evangelical preacher. Known as Pastor Ted to the congregations he served, he is the founder and former pastor of the New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado; a founder of the Association of Life-Giving Churches; and was leader of the National Association of Evangelicals (NAE) from 2003 until November 2006.

In November 2006, he resigned from all of his leadership positions after he admitted soliciting prostitute Mike Jones for homosexual sex and methamphetamine. Initially Haggard denied even knowing Mike Jones, but as a media investigation proceeded he acknowledged that some allegations, such as his purchase of methamphetamine, were true. He later added "sexual immorality" to his list of confessions.

After the scandal was publicized, Haggard entered three weeks of intensive counseling, overseen by four ministers. In February 2007, one of those ministers, Tim Ralph, said that Haggard "is completely heterosexual."[1] Ralph later said he meant that therapy "gave Ted the tools to help to embrace his heterosexual side." As of early 2009, Haggard continues to receive counseling, and now he says that he is a “heterosexual with issues.”[2]
Old 01-15-2010, 01:16 AM
Gold Member

JMDen, if you think there were no dinosaurs you are a moron. There are two stories of creation in Genesis which one is right?

Why couldn't God have created dinosaurs?

So why don't you answer the question.

Are the Jews, Hindus, Buddists, and members of non-christian religions going to heaven? If not where are they going?

Again I implore someone to answer this.....Where do the babies killed by abortion go?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Silver Member

Roll-yur-own,

I have to say that I concur with some of what you are saying. Part of me believes that ANY organized religion is a waste of time and money. But part of me wants to believe that there is something else. I don't think that a church is a megaphone to gods ear and the only way that he hears you is if you are sitting in church singing (or chanting) some silly song that you have had to memorize. Everyone wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die. I bet we could all argue over bible verses till the wee hours of the night. It's pointless to go on attempting to change someones mind about religion. Just be an American and let them believe what they want and you do the same. Arguing over which religion is the one going to heaven is like an arguement over who would win in a fight, Superman or Mighty Mouse? What do you expect? The guy on the other end of the internet is going to say, "Wow, I guess your right and I'm wrong and everything my parents have ever told me was also wrong. Thanks, I'll go wake my wife now and tell her that we're switching churches because I lost an arguement about religion on the internet."

Find something worthwhile to argue about.

Tom