Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

LoadBase 3.0 with (Spin Drift) PC&PDA Ballistic Program

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Platinum Member

Re: LoadBase 3.0 with (Spin Drift) PC&PDA Ballistic Program

A little off topic but have been interested in the Patagonia software for awhile now but have been hesitant to purchase it because of the way they link it to a device in the licensing. I guess what I would like to know if any of you guys that have ran the software for awhile have ever had any problems with the licensing when moving it to another computer or doing a hardware upgrade? From the research Iíve done and after reading Eagletís post of a soon to be Loadbase 3 I am very interested again but still a little nervous about the licensing. Have dealt with software that linked to a device in the past and it can be a real pain.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 04-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Platinum Member

I've never switched out computers since purchasing my license, but I understand where you're coming from. Like if you purchase a new PC. Are you out of luck, and would a person need to purchase a new license? I don't know... We'll see if anyone else replies that may have real life experience with this scenario/issue.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:44 AM
Platinum Member

Gents, I have never had any problems in the past. I know that in the license agreement it allows you to license another computer if the original computer breaks; you can even transfer the license from one computer to another by uninstalling it in the one computer and installing it in the other computer. what's more, you can transfer your license to another party if the other party agrees with the license terms. All the above is true for the PC.
I'll get back about the mobile, there's something that have in the works here. :-)

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:20 AM
JEREMY logan

I have a dell axium 10 and I was going to purchase a night force program , how does the load base compare with it and what is the license costs?also will it work on my dell ?
Old 04-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Silver Member

I've changed machines since I bought LB2 and it was no problem. Patagonia is a good outfit to deal with. They'll help get everything right for you. Even if you're as computer illiterate as I am...
Old 04-08-2009, 03:09 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEREMY logan View Post
I have a dell axium 10 and I was going to purchase a night force program , how does the load base compare with it and what is the license costs?also will it work on my dell ?
JEREMY, Mr. Perry maker of Exbal is the one that makes the Night Force Program. The Package of PC and Pocket PC runs $122.50 (for Exbal); on the other hand, Patagonia Ballistics charges $148.50 for both programs. The very first mobil or hand held, PDA pogram I ever bought was Exbal, even before Patagonia ballistic LoadBase 2.0 came to the market. I like Exbal and I still have it in my PDA.

What's better? You ask. Honestly. they are in seperate levels. LoadBase 2.0/3.0 has become a powerful monster that for starters will chew on multiple wind zones, Spin Drift, Coriolis, either sea level barometric pressure or on Location pressure, using either ATM or DA values capability and all at the same time will vomit on your lap very accurate numbers. And that's not even sratching the surface of the ballistic module; and there are 4 more modules at your disposition for your needs... It's an amazing software!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!

Last edited by Eaglet; 04-08-2009 at 03:13 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Platinum Member

Eaglet , Question , if I may. I am now using the Exbal on my pda and have been getting along quite well. I strive for one shot cold bore accuracy.

Would the LoadBase 3.0 be as user friendly in the field? What I mean is. Does it require more input of data and take a more computer knowledge to be able to run the numbers and come up wit the dope? I am thinking of in a hunting situation. Or should I stick with what I have and have learned to use effectivly?

Thanks!

Jeff