Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

A little off topic/music choices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Silver Member

Re: A little off topic/music choices

[ QUOTE ]

I have been thinking about blowing the dust off of some of my old Great Divide and Boland underground recordings

steve

[/ QUOTE ]

lerch,
you wouldn't have any TGD I don't already have, would you? I might have to buy you a box of wildcat bullets or something if you do (providing you would share the music with me and the bullets with BJ) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2006, 08:23 AM
SPONSOR

[ QUOTE ]
you wouldn't have any TGD I don't already have, would you?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can find them I have several CDs that a buddy of mine and I recorded live @ the Wormy Dog. Some of it has McClure singing a few songs as well as Cody Canada, Jason Boland and Stoney Phillips(LaRue, I guess he thought that sounded better!). I'll see if I can't dig them up this weekend.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Silver Member

I'm on the same page as gonehuntingagain,
ANYTHING BUT RAP!!!!!
Old 05-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Silver Member

If they are Female, Blond with big boobs and can yodel I'll listen to them even if its rap. Dolly forever! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Silver Member

BJ,
I'd love to hear them even if they ARE singing rap! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

GG,

Well, this is an interesting one!!!

I guess it really depends on the mood I am in but I would say most often I have something on the heavier side in the CD player.

When I was younger I liked the REALLY heavy stuff but have mellowed a bit.

Most often you will find something like Guns and Roses, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Judas Priest or something similiar in the CD in the shop.

I will admit to liking the music fast and loud at most times. Have no problem with the heaviest stuff out there as long as I can understand what the hell they are saying.

If I am in a more somber mood it will be something like Bon Jovi or Def Leopard. If I am feeling a bit frisky it will be alot heavier then that and really loud. I have about 800 watts of powder in my little S-10 war wagon and it often gets pushed to the arch welding stage!!!

Funny thing though, when I am out hunting, generally when I come back from a successful hunt, cuntry music is generally what I listen to. Not sure why, just what sounds right!!

If you ever come to the shop though, do not be suprised to hear some god awful loud metal rock vibrating the walls!! Just me all by myself having a good time building rifles!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 05-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Silver Member

Well, I am in total agreeance with Kirby. I like the hard stuff. The harder the better. If it sounds like someone is dying and screaming in the mic, or just plain gutteral sounds, the odds are I have some of it. But I do also like the some of the older rock and other types of music. Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones, techno, most things for the most part. But really into straight brutal metal.

I HATE Rap music. That is the olny type that I will protest to have turned off. Every other kind is fine, just not rap!