Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

A little off topic/music choices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member

A little off topic/music choices

Trying to figure out a little more about personalities here and thought it might be interesting to see what kind of tunes everyone likes. Plus it was getting a little stagnant so let's liven it up a little. Some of the answers will probably be a surprise and some might be no surprise.

Who's going first?
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Gold Member

Re: A little off topic/music choices

My top 3 bands right now would have to be:
Demon Hunter
Mortal Treason
Underoath.
all would fall into the category of the heaviest metal you have ever heard. All christian, all providing powerful outreach to youth counter-cultures in the world today. The only station brave enough to play them went off the air today. Everybody at 91FM, ill miss you guys. Throw in some Pillar, POD, Third Day and maybe some Todd Agnew, and youve got my daily commute, both ways.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Silver Member

I'll play, GG

My mp3 player would suprise you. Classic rock and country, new rock and country, some old time gospel, a little Louis Armstrong, a whole lot of "red dirt" country (The Great Divide, Mike McClure Band, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Stony Larue, etc...)and a ton of Southern rock (Skynnard, Daniels, 38 Special, Pure Prairie League, Allman's and so forth). Currently in my pick up CD player are Nugent, Damn Yankees, Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Alan Jackson and Willie Nelson. Hell, I've even been known to listen to a little jazz every now and then. As you can tell, this country boy listens to a WIDE variety. If I had to pick one, It would have to be......well.......nah, I couldn't do it. I like it all!
Old 05-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member

I like music but lately the method of arrival is the problem. If I decide to listen to music its fine but I really dislike the kind that's blasted at me without my choice from those little tiny earthquake cars.

I prefer Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash and others that actually have words I can hear in the music. That Titanic theme song is near the top of my least favorite list as is any music that shakes the neighborhood and has lyrics similar to a narrated inner city fist fight.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
That Titanic theme song is near the top of my least favorite list

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree... I cringed when I saw the "Near....Far" thread in the longrange hunting forum. As for the earthquake cars... that what the brush gaurd on your front bumper is for [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Gold Member

Listen to country on the radio most of the time although I refuse to buy it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] If I'm buying a CD,it'll be some classic rock- Skynyrd,Eagles,Stones and such.7M3 is about the only newer music Ive ever bought.Cannot stand rap [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Silver Member

I'll listen to darn near anything except RAP....

If you want to hear me whine, play some rap music.