Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

A little Google Earth picture test - what is the pic of???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member

Re: A little Google Earth picture test - what is the pic of???

As SS7MM suggested, I went and checked my elk hunting spot in Idaho and it has been "updated". The picture was taken about 3 or 4 PM and the shadows of the ridge are so bad you cannot see anything anymore. The opposite ridge where there is sunlight is really good detail.

I looked to see if my truck was parked down there, but the shadows are just too bad. Plus, I am not very good at photo interpretation. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Gold Member

Someones ALWAYS watching!
Old 01-15-2007, 07:50 PM

`Earth Google is neat, since my Range finder puked out on me, I started t google map my hunting locations, and messure out a map at distances... Say if I am hiding in a tree rom, and a coyote is close by a tree or fence, I know how far he is, the range finder might overshoots and give false reading.
in my area, they just updated the google map just a few months ago... I can also do a full zoom now instead of one back..... seems it's 1.5 to 2 yrs ago now, was 3-4 yrs old.

You can bet uncle sam has WAY WAY better capability than this, they can see the color of your nose hairs. and ay anytime .. haha

scott