Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.


Reply

Leica 1600 angle Verses the Sniper tools?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,654
Leica 1600 angle Verses the Sniper tools?

I almost pulled the trigger on a sniper tools Ind. but i'm going to buy the new leica 1600 that has this in it already. So, can you fellas that have the new 1600 tell me if it will give me the cosine reading and have you compared it to your sniper tools device to see how accurate the range device is ??

Thanks bigbuck
__________________
"Molon Labe"
IN DIXIE WE DON"T CALL 911 !
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,606
Re: Leica 1600 angle Verses the Sniper tools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
I almost pulled the trigger on a sniper tools Ind. but i'm going to buy the new leica 1600 that has this in it already. So, can you fellas that have the new 1600 tell me if it will give me the cosine reading and have you compared it to your sniper tools device to see how accurate the range device is ??

Thanks bigbuck
You can order the sniper tools device in degrees as well, if you don't want to work with cosign, in case you may not been aware of that...

I think the new rangefinders like the 1600 may make the ACI a bit rarer...
__________________
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alaska
Posts: 3,512
Re: Leica 1600 angle Verses the Sniper tools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmden View Post
I think the new rangefinders like the 1600 may make the ACI a bit rarer...
I would think so too, except for the women LRHs that like to wear three rings on each finger and two ear rings on each nostril of their nose too.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,654
Re: Leica 1600 angle Verses the Sniper tools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmden View Post
You can order the sniper tools device in degrees as well, if you don't want to work with cosign, in case you may not been aware of that...

I think the new rangefinders like the 1600 may make the ACI a bit rarer...
Thanks for the reply jmden . I think shawn suggests going with the cosine . i'm not sure why though.
It would be great to not have to spend the money on a sniper tools ACI and just apply the $104.00 toward the Leica. i don't think it will be too many years before we see a do it all range finder

Bigbuck
__________________
"Molon Labe"
IN DIXIE WE DON"T CALL 911 !
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: Leica 1600 angle Verses the Sniper tools?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does Leica CRF 1600 compensate for angle? mjm0073 Long Range Scopes and Other Optics 7 08-31-2011 04:22 PM
Leica 1600 VS Fusion 1600 side by side test ShooterMedic Long Range Scopes and Other Optics 5 08-19-2010 04:41 PM
Nice mounting systems for Sniper Tools ACI and level Len Backus Equipment Discussions 6 09-18-2008 07:25 PM
Sniper tools angle cosine indicator Michael Eichele Equipment Discussions 5 12-14-2007 12:15 AM
Sniper Tools ACI cosine indicator. gliechty Optics For Sale 6 06-17-2007 08:15 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC