Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

latest gizmo from the eddybo labratory

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Platinum Member

latest gizmo from the eddybo labratory

I have a buddy who has a realy cool reloading arbor press. I think it was actually built by Ferris Pendell or maybe it was Lou Palmasano.....anyway one of the guys who worked with the PPC. I have admired it for a while but couldnt find anything like it to buy. I was stuck with my little press I bought from Sinclair.

Well since I have had my lathe and mill I have mostly been building gunsmithing tools and building guns. A while back JDJones gave me a couple of pieces of aluminum (Thank You James). I saw some gears while browsing mcmaster carr and I decided to build this and make it a combo bullet case comparator. I am not through, but you can get an idea from the pics below of what I am talking about. Hopefully it is all clean up and finish work now.

Last edited by eddybo; 01-05-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:30 AM
PUBLISHER

Re: latest gizmo from the eddybo labratory

Pretty cool to be able to do things like that with your hands.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 01-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Platinum Member

When you come up to DC I will give you some free lessons on how a camera auto focus works.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobob View Post
When you come up to DC I will give you some free lessons on how a camera auto focus works.
BB that's funny. I thought maybe eddybo smeared some case lube on his camera lens.

Eddybo-- just kidding. Looks like you can quit your real job and just become a full time machinist.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member

Machinist hell, I want to be a photographer Here I was doing all this machinist work just to showcase my cell phone photography skills.....guess I better get back to the office because my I don't think my side jobs are going to pan out.

Sorry for the photo quality BB, I am sure that they hurt your old eyes At least it wasn't a picture of me.....you would have migraines.

I actually have to travel to DC on Jan 19 and will be staying at my sister's place in Gordonsville for at least a week. Since I totally missed the VA deer season this year I am just going to bring some rifles and do some long range shooting. If they have made up with the neighbors I can shoot 1800, otherwise I am limited to about 1000, but get some shot angle compensation practice.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Silver Member

Way too COOL! Are you going to be selling these? I want one when you get it together.

Paul
Old 01-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Platinum Member

Very nice. When are you gonna build a rest like Mr Don's red one??

That lathe setup look framiliar , just a bit less clean than the one in Independance
If you need anything just drop me a line