Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Late night browse thru LRH (3 crying kids)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Late night browse thru LRH (3 crying kids)

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Been there, done that, long before LRH.com existed.

The ol' body seems to be having a tough time adjusting to it's new configuration. I sleep an hour and waken thinking I've slept all night. Did that last night. . . again.

Seemed to recover well though. Shot a 0.75 moa group on the gong @ 817 yds during strong, but consistent winds. Shooter was spot on.

Also just got up from a 3 hour nap.
Sounds to me like you need a sleep study and CPAP machine Roy. Best thing I ever did. Lay down, put on the mask and it's lights out for at least 7 hours.

There are 2 drawbacks, one worse than the other. The first drawback is sex. You have to pre-plan sex because once the mask goes on, sex is out the window, not a big issue at my (our) age.

Second is hunting. I can't tent hunt, well, I can for 2 days then I have to charge the battery pack because it lasts 2 days max, so I try to lodge or travel traler or camper hunt so I can plug in.

I makle an excellent hunting partner because I don't keep others awake at night snoring, cause I don't snore. I remember going on hunting trips and having to go to bed early because the guy I bunked with sounded like a chainsaw with no muffler. One time in Washington on a hunt, I slept in the bathtub in a motel we rented with the water in the sink running to drown out the racket.

Now, I hunt with the same guys all the time. They all like me because they get a nights sleep, undisturbed. I still sometimes forget to take cartridges when going out for the day but we all use the same caliber so I just sponge a few.....

I have 3 machines, one corded for the house, a spare and a portable one with a battery pack.