Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

At Last. Manufacturers licence

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 09:02 AM
SPONSOR

Re: At Last. Manufacturers licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Pete,

Congratulations. I'm looking at a manufacturer of firearms license as well, just to make and sell a few in a larger diameter action/bolt configuration.

To work as a gunsmith, just a dealer license is required.
Now that depends on what 'kind' of gunsmith the license holder is. If all you do is repairs or refinishing you are required a 01Dealers License. If you custom build firearms and the customer supplies the action/receiver you still only need the 01 Dealers License, the customer is considered the manufacturer. If the gunsmith supplies the action he is the manufacter and needs to have a 07 Manufactures License. If you make actions/receivers you will need a 'block' of serial numbers issued by ATFE. If a person gets involved with any of the above activities I would suggest spending lots of time on ATFEs' web site, the part that conserns these activities, getting 'knowed up' on the particulars of each. It can get mighty stickey and it's up to you to know the regs., when they dump that 07 on you they (the ATFE) give you very little info, just where to go to get it and you had better write it down. To top it all off, there are excise taxes on manufacturing to be considered (11 1/2%). It's all best off of ATFE's web site, not a forum.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Platinum Member

Congratulations on getting your licenses. For a moment there I had a hard time trying to read and check out your website but, then I saw the English button...smart idea to have that option. Good site and good luck.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Gold Member

It looks like he got his licenses 5 years ago, this was an old post...
Old 04-10-2010, 07:17 AM
SPONSOR

Yes an old post. I happened upon it just by chance, it was one of those 'links' at the end of another post. It needs to be brought up now and again as I see questions being asked on other forums. See lots of bad answers and folks that just don't know, too. Like my earlier post said, "check ATFEs' web site, you'll get info there". If you can find an internet forum you should be able to find that site.