Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

At Last. Manufacturers licence

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Gold Member

At Last. Manufacturers licence

Well i finaly recieved my German Weapons and Ammunition Manufacturers license today. (took nearly a year of burocracy. UK, EU and Germany)also have my Weapons and Ammunition dealers license ( FFL / RFD). Trading starts in earnest as of NOW !!
Pete
Old 04-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Platinum Member

Re: At Last. Manufacturers licence

[ QUOTE ]
Ammunition Manufacturers license today.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you planning on doing with that? Just curious as to why you would need one of those to sell or trade guns.
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:54 AM
Gold Member

Thats exctly it. i need a dealers license to sell and trade guns. but to repair , modify etc i need a manufacturers license. With a manufacturers license i can develope my own actions, make my own barrels and ammunition etc. Almost all gun shops in the EU have a dealers license, not many have a manufacturers license. How is it in the states, I doubt if Remington operate only on a FFL..or does a FFL emcompas both. what do Hornady have that allows em to make ammo. I'm chuffed to bits that i'm the only Brit in Germany to hold such a license, as far as i know the only Brit in the EU (certainly Germany)to hold EU recognition in this field.
Pete
Old 04-10-2005, 08:51 AM
Platinum Member

I see.
So you are planning on making your own actions or barrels or ammo or all three?
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Thats exctly it. i need a dealers license to sell and trade guns. but to repair , modify etc i need a manufacturers license. With a manufacturers license i can develope my own actions, make my own barrels and ammunition etc. Almost all gun shops in the EU have a dealers license, not many have a manufacturers license. How is it in the states, I doubt if Remington operate only on a FFL..or does a FFL emcompas both. what do Hornady have that allows em to make ammo. I'm chuffed to bits that i'm the only Brit in Germany to hold such a license, as far as i know the only Brit in the EU (certainly Germany)to hold EU recognition in this field.
Pete

[/ QUOTE ] Pete: All the different classes of federal licenses are called as the following. 01- Dealer in firearms other that Destructive Devices. 03- Dealer in Destructive Devices. 06- Ammunition Manufacturer etc.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member

Pete,

Congratulations. I'm looking at a manufacturer of firearms license as well, just to make and sell a few in a larger diameter action/bolt configuration.

A manufacturer of firearms licence covers both rifle actions and ammunition both, but a manufacturer of ammunition license only covers ammunition, not actions... ammunition license is only 1/5th the cost however. To work as a gunsmith, just a dealer license is required. A seperate importer license is also necessary to import firearms for sale, and form 6 must be filled out and approved to import for a nonlicensee or licensee's personal use if one does not hold the importer license.

A seperate dealer license is not required if one holds a manufacturer or importer license.

Destructive device licenses are seperate for each of these catagories as well and cost is substantially more for each, about 20 times more.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Gold Member

Thats about same as here in practice. there are many dealers who do some gun smithing under the dealers license. But they technicaly shouldn't. a dealers license covers you to deal, but not to manufacture. I figured i'g go the whole hog as the manufacturers license covers you for it all. wasn't cheap though.
Pete