Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

The lady bagged the ultimate predator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Platinum Member
This is a very good reason (and one I promote) for every able bodied person to spend a few hrs a week to go through reserve police school or post or what ever , I see no reason why their arn't alot more people who are commisioned officers.

Having a commision gives you the right to carry in EVERY state not just a very few that reconize each others CCW , god forbid that you have to shoot sombody you will get differant treatment (for the better) than the average guy that just went out and got a CCW on his own.

Yea I know that most Sheriff dept.s require that you work 12-24 hrs a month but that is a very good way to get to know your area better and get a better respect for what full time officers go through.

I carry just about everywhere I go and my commision and badge is just as easy to get to as my gun and in the even that I have to go into a place that frowns on weapons I just clip my badge on my belt.
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Molon Labe

Unread 12-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Silver Member
I have a daughter and two granddaughters who live within a couple blocks of the mall in Omaha, they they go there all the time. Had the gunman picked a
different day,well I try not to think about that too much.Anyway they had a call in radio show where some one expressed the opinion that someone with a ccw and a pistol might have saved lives, a comment which jammed their board with protesters saying that the last thing they needed was another person with a gun which was likely to cause more innocent lives lost!

I am reminded of a line from an old western, the bad guy said"If they were'nt meant to be shorn God wouldn't have made them sheep".

I agree with wyojeeper, the people who commit these crimes should never have their names uttered again. Throw their carcass into an unmarked grave and try to be better prepared next time. For almost a hundred years very few people new the name of the man who killed Wild Bill Hickok. It was agreed by the newspapermen of the day that Jack McCall should not receive any recognition for what he had done. Seems like an excellent idea to me.

PS. I renewed my ccw last week. I am not the only one with precious kid's.