Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Krylon webbing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Silver Member

Krylon webbing

Has anyone used this stuff? It looks amazing but wanted to know how hard it is to use?!?
Old 04-26-2013, 07:55 AM
Silver Member

Re: Krylon webbing

I've used it a few times. I guess I've done 6 guns with it. I'd say to practice a bit on something old to get a feel of how it sprays. You gotta keep it moving and don't overlap to much. 2nd- I use a flat clear coat over the webbing. It's lasted very well. I've hunted 3 years with the oldest one and it's still in good shape. Thought I'd just respray the clear coat and keep going. Hope this helps.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighKnob View Post
I've used it a few times. I guess I've done 6 guns with it. I'd say to practice a bit on something old to get a feel of how it sprays. You gotta keep it moving and don't overlap to much. 2nd- I use a flat clear coat over the webbing. It's lasted very well. I've hunted 3 years with the oldest one and it's still in good shape. Thought I'd just respray the clear coat and keep going. Hope this helps.
+1 on practice and moving. It actually works very well and looks great---as Highknob said, you gotta keep moving. Pick up an old gunstock or a 2 x 4 and imagine that being your rifle. You'll get it in no time.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 04-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Silver Member

Here's my wife's pink camo muzzle loader I did. Some of my other ones have more webbing on them. We wanted more of the pink to show on this one.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Krylon webbing-camo-guns-002.jpg   Krylon webbing-camo-guns-001.jpg