Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Koplin Gun Boot 6.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Silver Member

Koplin Gun Boot 6.0

I just found this today. Has anyone tried one out to see if you can put a rifle and scope combination in it if the scope has decent size elevation and windage turrets?

Gun Boot 6.0 Impact - Kolpin® Powersports

Thanks
SES50
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.' -Unknown
Old 07-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Bronze Member

I have a 338 Edge with a 30" barrel plus a DE brake with a 5.5-22x50 NXS scope, and it almost fits in the Gun Boot 6.0 Impact. By almost, I mean the back of the case comes within 1 inch of snapping shut.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Gold Member

howard3:

Do you know where the interference is? i.e. is it the barrel/overall length of the gun, or is something else hitting the case and not letting it go all the way down?
Old 07-16-2008, 06:50 AM
Bronze Member

It is the barrel/overall length. The entire rifle does fit inside the case, but the back of the case hits the bottom point of the recoil pad when you try to snap it shut. Also, this is with the sunshade removed from the Nightforce scope. The inner soft case/sleeve has some sort of pad attached inside to protect the end of the barrel. This pad appears to be about 2" long and I think this is what prevents the rifle from seating deeper in the case. I have not had a chance to see if I can remove or modify this pad.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Silver Member

With the sunshade on did the sunshade hit the to inside before the barrel hit?
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.' -Unknown
Old 07-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Bronze Member

Yes, the sunshade hit before the end of the barrel did. One other issue with the case is that when you flip up the back end, it has a notch at the hinge that is supposed to hold it up and out of the way while you remove or insert the rifle. However, even on my brand new case the back end falls down as soon as you start pushing or pulling the rifle. I plan to use a small bungee cord to hold it open.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for the info.

SES50