Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Kirby, other Gunsmiths and anyone else, New rifle quote.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Kirby, other Gunsmiths and anyone else, New rifle quote.

[ QUOTE ]
Talk about a hose job! It probably would be cheaer to move to the USA, and then have the rifle built.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope...checked on that..ha..still give you the bone on duty/tax..Hey, what if you bought all GB products, how much would that ring ya? quit using the $2/1 excuse....good kit have always been expensive here...

6000 dollars...3000 quid..lets not make the difference sound too extreme cuz the dollar is basically the peso...

JR
Old 03-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Bronze Member

Wow, I just committed myself to an overhaul on my Sendero. Rebarrel with Gaillard match grade 26" (heavy benchrest profile), complete action blueprinting, install bolt sleeve, bushing and trueing firing pin, glass bed and inlet stock, install second front sling swivel, and teflon coat bolt and barrel (flat black). All that for $1300 Canadian (approx. $3.58 U.S)
Old 03-04-2005, 05:04 AM
Gold Member

The quote was from Norman Clark, who is 7 miles up the road.
I'm in love with the Grizzly action and can have a barrelled action put together for about 1800 or $3400 and stock it myself.
I've been turning this idea around in my head all morning and it is very appealing. I could sell my car but i'm just as much in love with that and i think the wife would have alot to say about it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I could save even more if i were to go for a RPA Quadlite action, but apart from not looking as good as the Grizzly, i have been told that they have a slightly heavy bolt lift that is undesirable for shooting of the bench.
I have a month to decide exactly what i want so watch this space. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Centre Punch.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Platinum Member

Centre Punch

go to www.tooleyrifles.com. Dave Tooley will build for about half that AND he has an arrangement in UK with an importer who will handle the transaction for you.

Dave Tooley builds some of the best rifles in the world and has won many matches and set records.

BH
Old 03-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Centre Punch,

Don't know about the grizzly receiver but I for a couple thou less then that you could get a BAT receiver and a full blown extreme range rifle from me.

If you want a quote drop me an e-mail with what you want in the rifle and I will get you an accurte price quote.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 03-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Gold Member

Kirby,better check into the customs and import fees before you give out a quote.I read another thread on this board about someone trying to get an HS Precision rifle into England and it seems it about doubled the price of what we would pay here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2005, 06:57 AM
Gold Member

Kirby,
Thanks very much for your offer, but as Ballistic64 says, once the government has clobbered me for 17 1/2% value added tax, anything from 6 to 15% import duty and a possible 10% surcharge for not trading with the European Union the price has risen substantially. Then we have the red tape and bureaucracy to deal with. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
I do believe your authorities only allow you to export to a FFL holder or equivelant, if i am wrong then there is a possibility. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ian.