Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Kirby, other Gunsmiths and anyone else, New rifle quote.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2005, 08:28 AM
Gold Member

Kirby, other Gunsmiths and anyone else, New rifle quote.

Just received the quote for a custom 1000yrd varmint rifle, 6mm AI, grizzly 11 action, 29" Border 5R barrel 7 contour, brake,pillar bedded into a Mcmillan MBR stock, oh, and a jewel trigger. Pretty standard stuff, the price- wait for it...... $6000! in your money. Thats the usual price charged by our better smiths here in Britain. As you can imagine i said "HOW MUCH" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] and decided to have my remmy worked over and re-barrelled for $2400. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Centre Punch.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Silver Member

Re: Kirby, other Gunsmiths and anyone else, New rifle quote.

WOW, They really "spank" you over there for neat toys!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Ben
Old 03-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Just received the quote for a custom 1000yrd varmint rifle, 6mm AI, grizzly 11 action, 29" Border 5R barrel 7 contour, brake,pillar bedded into a Mcmillan MBR stock, oh, and a jewel trigger. Pretty standard stuff, the price- wait for it...... $6000! in your money. Thats the usual price charged by our better smiths here in Britain. As you can imagine i said "HOW MUCH" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] and decided to have my remmy worked over and re-barrelled for $2400. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Centre Punch.

[/ QUOTE ] HELL, I'd MOVE. I don't know if they let white people into the U.S.A. for the last 40 years or so? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Silver Member

the cost of things is probably why most f-class shooters i know drive rubbish cars.....

was that a generic quote or was that a particular smith centre punch?
Old 03-03-2005, 12:41 PM

Thats kinda Ludacris...

e-mail Chris at longshotrifles at yahoo (dot) com

i bet you're prettypleased with his quote... I know he's built a bunch of screamers for the BR guys
Old 03-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Silver Member

Talk about a hose job! It probably would be cheaper to move to the USA, and then have the rifle built.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:45 PM
Bronze Member

Ah, you red-coats got lots of money! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Does seem pricey. For that dough, I believe I could stretch that into 3 or 4 really nice rifles. Look around a little longer. Can someone here in the U.S. put a rifle together and sell it to you? What are the laws governing such firearm sales?