Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Just a few years left.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Gold Member

Just a few years left.

Yup! time is coming and I won't be able to hunt, well at least be able to toss a deer over my shoulder. My Daughters are set for Rifles, one of my friends dad always says why did you go buy that %$&^# rifle? its for my Daughter's husband, Iam lucky all my girls have told the non-hunting
city boys to hit the road. One of the first things they tell them is they had Deer heart for lunch.
they kinda melt away in history(thank God). they like to shoot the .3006, don't get me wrong
my girls arn't some amazons, they are fine to look at" I notice the guys when we walk together,
I sometimes have to lean on them because of the damage to my lft leg. When we go to the range the guys notice they are shooting some high calibre rifles. Dang! my girls would never shoot a rifle like that! My oldest looked at this guy with a grin and said give me one caribou just one. They won't to go bear hunting its just one of those things they already shot two deer so far
As a father I am proud of my girls..it was just yesterday they were born and now they have moved out, college, can you tell me where did the years go?

Keith.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Just a few years left.

My daughter is comming on 3 yrs in July. She's shot a 22 since before she was 2(with daddy helping of course). I hope she turns out like your gals when it comes to huntin and shootin. Congrats!!
My son (4) already has a 22 and loves to shoot. Daddy's little huntin buddy helped get a turkey last year at 3 yrs old, and ran a bunch of em clear into the next county too, but we had a great time. Mamma is a valley girl who doesnt care for huntin herself, but loves to shoot sagerats. Im workin on her still........... And we just found out we have another on the way! I gotta buy more guns!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 05-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Platinum Member

Keith,

I have 5 daughters. All grown, married with children of their own. Only one hunted.

When in high school she had a beautiful chance at a real nice 4X4. She didn't shoot.

I went over to where she was and it was too late. I asked why she didn't shoot?

Answer......She tho't I'd yell at her if she missed. Girls!!!!

Later that afternoon I couldn't find her. Finally spotted her taking a nap in a sunny spot. sheesh!!

Ya gotta love em.

Sons-in-law and grand kids love the outdoors, shooting and hunting.

Be thankful for your girls!
Old 05-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Later that afternoon I couldn't find her. Finally spotted her taking a nap in a sunny spot. sheesh!!
Sounds like me. I love sleeping outside in the snow and while deer hunting I usually catch a few winks. ;)
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 05-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Gold Member

Two sons (19 + 21)and one daughter (soon to be 18). I love all three. They all grew up shooting and the boys hunt. Daughters do hold a special part in your heart dont they. My daughter has never hunted - just never grabbed her. This past April she had an amazing experience. She qualified for the Junior Olympics in cross country skiing. The final event was in Presque Isle, Maine. Not to offend anyone but Presque Isle is 500 miles North of nowhere - beautiful country and great people. Anyhow there were a couple of days where they were not competing. The athletes had a chance to try the Biathilon. She did it both days. I was next to her and the coach while she was shooting. She dropped every target. His comment was oh my she has shot before hasn't she? Needless to say I was all smiles from ear to ear. She's going off to college in Michigan this fall on a full ride athletic and academic scholarship. Looks like I'll have to find a place to hunt up there. If im going to drive that far to visit might as well kill two birds with one stone right. Just another reason to go up more often.

Nothing wrong with catching a nap in some tall grass - out of the wind on a sunny hill side.
RMNS 8:28