Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Job interview At 3:30 Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Job interview At 3:30 Today

Guys, thanks for all the reply's! It went well. I'll give you some details later this weekend. Gotta give the kids a bath now.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:40 AM
Platinum Member

Wampum,

Glad things went well.

The only what I would call a mistake that I made was a decision to relocate from Idaho to Cranberry Township (Mars) in 1980 and then telling the wife about it. We only had 5 children at the time.

I know that the engine leads the train but should at least communicate and get agreement from the second in command.

An above post mentioned prayer........always a good idea no matter who one is.

Don't let 'change' frighten you.

You guts will tell what's right but again prayer helps and be specific.

Bathing kids........those were the days. Now its grand kids........ got 14 3/4 of 'em

Two things:
  1. Money is like oxygen. The more you have the faster you get it, the better
  2. Remember what William Wallace said: "FREEDOM!"
Old 11-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Platinum Member

Roy, thanks buddy! The "second in command" will indeed have some say in what happens if it does. I also have spent a good bit of time talking to the man upstairs over this.

After two hours of discussion they did offer me a position, but they were too low on the $$ and that was the max of their budget for the position. They did say they were going to try to negotiate more $$ for the position and "if they were successful I would know". If they don't, I don't care as it will force me to have to make a very difficult decision. I have almost 14 years where I'm at and a lot of freedom. The company(where I interviewed) is solid from what I can see and what I've been told by others. Also a majority of their employees have been there 10 plus years. That tells me it could be a good new home. I did leave knowing they wanted me and it made me feel like a million bucks!

If I were them I'd continue to interview and try to find someone who will fit the mold and their budget. That would probably be in their best interest.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
JMason, is that because your company lacks growth so it's the old someone has to retire, die or leave?
Charlie- that's pretty much it, and I do appreciate everyone's insight. I am a PM for the company and the positions above always seem to be filled by a family member. Company is family owned. It is a small company w/ 60 or so employees. Don't get me wrong they are good people. I just can't see the people in place above me being successful at maintaining the place after the President/ owner retires which isn't in the very near future anyway. The interview at the new place found me, I wasn't exactly looking.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member

JMason, I get the picture, hopefully the pres/owner will be there for a long while, keep your ear close on that one & if rumblings start about him/her retiring and your concerned about the companies well being going forward then that may be the time to look seriously again. I've seen companies continue to be succesful when original owner leaves business to rest of family and I've seen the opposite where family members pull as much cash out of the business as possible and sometimes even raid the pensions and the company tanks. Stay alert. Nice too know other companies value what you bring to the table enough to have made you an offer.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Platinum Member

Well Fellas, this one came full circle for me. I think I'll fit right in (as well as a square in a circle's hole anyway). They came up with a little more than I said I needed to make the move. After 4 interviews we came to an agreement. I'll be giving notice to my employer on Monday and starting fresh on the second day of the new year. Don't want to tell them(current employer) Monday cause it'll ruin the last few days I have off for hunting. Thanks again for your input everyone! I really do appreciate it.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Gold Member

Congratulations