Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Jim Zumbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Silver Member

Re: Jim Zumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
THE ONLY REASON he apologized was because he HAD TO.
EXACTLY. He doesn't care about what's good for our sport, just what's good for him. I never thought much of him before the whole "terrorist gun" thing anyways.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Platinum Member

I don't know what he considers long range but I saw him about to take around a 400 yard shot on his TV show. he passed on the animal but not because of the range. I suppose to some degree this action would make him a hypocrite as well.

Tons of people view this mans show. I find it very disappointing that someone in a position to spread positive words (publicly and nation wide) about hunting and shooting would take these actions/stands. So what if ARs or long range isn't your cup of tea, why would you attempt to ruin these things for the very people who share a passion for these sports in general. Why put things in others heads? A persons thoughts and energy could be put to so much better use!

Last edited by jmason; 01-16-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member

Does Dumbo still have a blog somewhere, or has he learned to stay off the net?

Personally I wish he remained the red headed step child.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyboy View Post
Does Dumbo still have a blog somewhere, or has he learned to stay off the net?

Personally I wish he remained the red headed step child.

Looks like they muzzled him, for now at least. I agree whole heartedly with you coyboy. The hunting and shooting community doesn't need him. I'm glad I asked the question because I had no idea.

http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/
Old 01-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Silver Member

Maybe it is time to contact his current sponsors with the bashing of long range hunting. If the anti's are able to grab ahold and run with anything that would benifit them, that was supposedly coming from someone that is apparently respected (i dont know why) in the industry, they WILL do it. We've already seen that. If we only speak out amongst ourselves we will not accomplish anything.
Giving the anti's any foothold or toehold for that matter will only make it tougher for us to continue our sport in an open manner, especially with the new administration forthcoming.

Dallas
Old 01-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Gold Member

Another round of sponsorship enlightenment is exactly what that retard needs,cant believe his show is on air again...how many shows can you possibly film about shooting B bears from a boat???I will never forgive his arrogance,never,nor will I support any of his sponsors.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Platinum Member

well Honda and Swaro are still sponsoring him. However, his sponser page is pretty empty lol!