Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Jack Attack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Jack Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
its beautiful here today, but its -5 so i dont feel like being tough today.
We were supposed to get snow last night, and today. Once have a few inches it usually crust enough placing the decoy will get easy. Our last snow melted to bare ground mostly then froze hard. No subzero yet. Keep warm!

Old 01-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
We were supposed to get snow last night, and today. Once have a few inches it usually crust enough placing the decoy will get easy. Our last snow melted to bare ground mostly then froze hard. No subzero yet. Keep warm!
-48C wind chill here today dont have to wait long for the rifle barrel to cool off.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:49 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
its beautiful here today, but its -5 so i dont feel like being tough today.
LOL, I was sitting enjoying the fire about noon, on the computer by the window, watching it snow. Whitetail busts out of the brush with a big coyote on her tail. She runs through the front yard, and down into the lower part of the property. He stops at the brush line, but now I'm interested. The weather wasn't as bad as imagined, but still couldn't pull him from the brush.
With your tripod idea it clicked that my partner has about a 12" tripod. This thing has followed us for 25 years nobody remembers where it came from. We've packed it to move a half dozen times, stored at my house when he got divorced, and vice versa. Totally useless until now, we've stepped over it, moved it griped about it, threatened to throw it away. Punch line 2 old guys rummaging through boxes, shops, garages, etc. saying I know the damn things here somewhere. Well these new "gorilla" things are about 10 bucks, and one leg can wrap around a sage brush if we get a serious Wyoming wind.
A BC guide/friend reports -40 for their trapline hunts, I checked an online calculator and oddly enough -40C = -40F. After a certain point it's just cold in any language.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Platinum Member

hahaha that reminds me of those two old coots on the movie Grumpy old Men

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 01-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Gold Member

2# C4 oughta work!