Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

J36 Breaks World Record!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Silver Member

J36 Breaks World Record!

have you lot already seen this,i have just had it sent me,and was wondering what the bullets where like.

http://www.lostriverballistic.com/LRB/DocsCorner.cfm
Old 04-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: J36 Breaks World Record!

I'm not so sure about all that. There is no mention of the number of shots in the group, There is no mention of the subtension of the reticle hash marks in relation to the target size, there is no data of the calculated or actual drop and drift of the bullet at 2000 yards, there is no mention of how this distance was measured and there is no mention of who the impartial party was that oversaw the event to confirm that it was an unbiased set of measurements. Lastly what record exactly was set? Was it group size alone or group size with a certian weight restriction on the gun.

I ain't about to buy it yet. Especially if they only did it once.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Platinum Member

What a crock of POO that is! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

From The Above Link...
"On January 30th, 2000, at Pearce Farms Private Shooting Range in Southern Arizona, Glen Pearce shot a 17.750 inch group at a measured 2000 yards with a 30 caliber rifle. This is the first successful demonstration of accuracy at 2000 yards with a hunting rifle, scope, and ammunition."

How was a record BROKEN if this was the FIRST "successful demonstration?" And at a PRIVATE range no less... LMAO No one shoots these things in competition...successfully.

Also, i wonder what their definition of a "hunting rifle" is?

The group is doable...

Ed Kenzakoski put 5 into 7" at 1680yds last year (Ohio 1K) I can guarentee you the 17" group mentioned was no more than 5 shots, most likely 3...maybe the best 3 out of 10, who knows [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Be careful what you believe...

JB
Old 04-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Sounds like a little story cooked up in the advertising room to me.

For a supposed new world record they are pretty vague with details.

I am no where near the shooter that even many on this site are but I have even shot several sub 1 foot groups at 1500 yards with my 338 Kahn. I will admit these were all three shot groups as well but thats because thats all I ever shoot for group.

My personal best was right at 9.5" for three shots. Now this is certainly not the norm for me but if I can at times get this level of consistancy, I have a hard time believing that the current world record is 17" at 2000 yards.

I would dare say that we could pick the top five shooters on LRH and have that record beat easily in a week. Probably several times over.

Just seems like to much of a promo advertisment to me. Not even a damn picture, come on now, new world record with no picture. At least I did not see one.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 04-27-2006, 03:47 PM
SPONSOR

Hunting Rifle?????

What is the definition??? GoodGroupers MOAG could be called a hunting rifle since he shoot a buffalo with it. I guess I would call my 270 Allen Mag a varmint rifle since I have only shoot pdogs with it !!!!

If these bullets are sooooo damn good how come I dont hear anything good about from anyone but the people who make em????

So 17" is the record, Kirby sounds like we have another record to beat with that gun you are building for me!!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 04-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Platinum Member

read this http://slrharbor.com/articles/articlevhmfeb2002.html

The 338 Lapua Ack Imp in this article is the one I just sold and it has been doing that good at longer ranges.

As for the LRB bullets, they have a very hot and cold reputation. Supposedly they have shot some nice, groups and then they have taken their guns to places for demonstrations and shot nice "Patterns" at short distances(ie Fort Bragg for example with 6" at 200 yards about 3 yrs ago).

BH
Old 04-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Gold Member

I think I will help raise the flag on this one too jb!

You smell something?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]