Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

INTRODUCING MARINE 2nd Lt ALSTAT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Gold Member

Re: INTRODUCING MARINE 2nd Lt ALSTAT

That's a negative on the Mustang. She never considered millitary service, until she met me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
I may be wrong here, but I'm assuming she's a "mustang." I always liked mustangs much better than ring knockers. Send my congrats from the Old Army folks
gary

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all." Marine General Mattis

Custom built 7mm SAUM
Old 12-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Gold Member

Her first salute was one of her Gy Sgt instructors. I've never been so proud to give away a $30 silver dollar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
Wow great for her, she looks great in that uniform. Who was her first salute?

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all." Marine General Mattis

Custom built 7mm SAUM
Old 12-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I have just returned from Quantico, VA for the commissioning of my wife Jennifer.
You should have PM'd me. I would have let her shoot F-class with me and even provided the rifle and ammo. If she is going to be around for a couple of more months tell her to get in contact with me and I will be happy to teach her everything I know (takes about a minute ) about long range shooting.

The F-class shoots are on Range 4 on Sundays about once a month and run by a RVN USMC vet. There's four of us from this forum who shoot there.

Lots of garbage mouth guys who don't like women in the military but I don't mind it at all. Its a free country and women should be free to choose their life.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARHEAD1371 View Post
That's a negative on the Mustang. She never considered millitary service, until she met me
that's even more amazing! So she just decided she wanted to become an officer in the military. When I was going thru basic I was offered the Warrant Officer's Flight School test, and passed it with flying colors. A buddy of mine that I grew up with also did the samething, and we both planned on going. He backed out, and I did as well. Regretted it ever since! Tom backed out when he found out that virtually all enlistments for chopper pilots were frozen and you couldn't resign your commission when you were done with it. Was also offered the chance to goto OCS to become an Artillary Officer down at Sill, but was done with cannons by the time it was offered. Something else maybe, but that was all they offered. So after 19 months, two days, 23 hours, and thirty five minutes I was a free man again. Times were tough in 1968/69, and it took it's toll on you mentally and physically as well. I could do it now if I were young
gary
Old 12-23-2011, 12:47 AM
Platinum Member

Congrats!!!! Job well done!