Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Interesting article

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Interesting article

[ QUOTE ]
BB,

I think I'll order some more bullets! Never had someone tell me "HE'D SEND THE BILL WITH THE BULLETS!".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's the way it is. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2007, 02:00 PM

"Outside residents aren’t allowed to hunt there without the outfitter."

Canadians and U.S. Citizens alike should think about that statement awhile. Selling access to public(I'm guessing?)ground by government for hunting is denying you what should be your right. We do pay taxes I think?
Today, no access to someone from a different part of the country. Tomorrow, no access for someone from the next valley. The day after, no access unless you can afford it.
Here is how I see that quote:

"(Outside)Residents(Citizens) aren’t allowed to hunt there without the permission of the(Land Lord's)outfitter."

I am not trying to knock outfitters, they are trying to provide a service but they have to bid on these areas. How much of the $25,000 fee is used to offset that cost. Boiled down, these States have leased exclusive hunting areas to wealthy patrons. What a shell game!

History can and will repeat itself. IMHO
Old 01-31-2007, 04:48 PM
Gold Member

ok, that´s all taken from a newspaper.-in my experience the ´papers just invent the details of anything they want to report about if they have no access to the specifics of the case. So we dont know what really happened there.
Could´ve been the guides fault, right? Or even a mistake.

I havent met Richard in person but spoken with him a couple of times ; he has always seemed to me to be an honest guy so I stand beside him also.-
Old 02-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Richard Graves is a friend and someone that I hold in the highest respect. I consider him to be one of the most honest and up front guys I've ever dealt with and that is how I will continue to view him. As a friend, I'll stand behind and beside him, and I'm sure that this will work itself out. If an animal was killed in the wrong area, I'm of the belief that Richard did nothing intentionally wrong. He's just not that kind of a guy. Don't judge or convict anyone until you know all of the facts, and all of the facts are something we'll probably never really know.

Given all of the above, I stand beside and behind Richard 100% and will continue to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

[/ QUOTE ]

+2
Old 02-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member

Boy that is a bummer for him. I haven't met the guy but I talked to him on the phone and he seemed like a super guy. I hope all goes well for him. Tell him that if hes not outlawed in Idaho to come on down and tag a few things down here. I heard rumor of a wolf season opening someday.