Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Interesting article

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Interesting article

[ QUOTE ]
I wish only the best for him and his family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, and that is why you posted the story I guess. You just did it because you wished only the best for him.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:30 PM

I don't know Richard nor have I used his products but now I will. My reason? I know or have known a few sanctimonious,lying,thieving, SOBs. Everyone here has met them in their lives. The thread I've found they all have in common? They would rather die than admit they had made a mistake or scr*w*d someone.These type personalities can not admit they are human too. Sounds like Richard stood up and took it if you ask me. His fault, the guide's, or both, doesn't matter. He stood up. He's paying the price. Live, learn and move on. Everyday need not be Judgement Day. Just my humble opinion.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:46 PM
SPONSOR

[ QUOTE ]
Richard Graves is a friend and someone that I hold in the highest respect. I consider him to be one of the most honest and up front guys I've ever dealt with and that is how I will continue to view him. As a friend, I'll stand behind and beside him, and I'm sure that this will work itself out. If an animal was killed in the wrong area, I'm of the belief that Richard did nothing intentionally wrong. He's just not that kind of a guy. Don't judge or convict anyone until you know all of the facts, and all of the facts are something we'll probably never really know.

Given all of the above, I stand beside and behind Richard 100% and will continue to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
Old 01-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Bronze Member

An article with a little more detail.

http://w ww.whitehorsestar.com/auth.php?r=45767

Man fined, prohibited from hunting

By STEPHANIE WADDELL

An Alberta man has been banned from hunting in the Yukon for seven years and ordered to pay $1,500.
Territorial court Judge John Faulkner made the order today after Richard Gravesí lawyer, Ed Horembala, changed his clientís plea from not guilty to guilty on a charge of hunting grizzly bear in a zone where he wasnít permitted.
Graves, a resident of Wetaskawin, Alta., was not present in court this morning.
Further Wildlife Act charges around the incident dating back to last May were stayed.
Crown prosecutor Lee Kirkpatrick brought forward an agreed statement of fact reached by the defence and Crown.
Kirkpatrick told the court that last May, Graves was being guided on a hunt by a Yukoner in an area where there was another designated outfitter for the zone.
Outside residents arenít allowed to hunt there without the outfitter.
On the way back to Whitehorse, Graves and his guide placed the Yukonerís hunting tag on the grizzly in case they were stopped, Kirkpatrick said.
They later put Gravesí tag on the bear and reported the kill to the territorial Department of Environment offices, although officials were told it happened in another zone.
Graves paid a $500-trophy fee for the kill.
In bringing forward the joint submission for the fine and prohibition, Kirkpatrick noted that Graves had entered an early guilty plea and hadnít sought the return of the grizzly bear carcass.
Horembala also indicated Graves was willing to abide by a seven-year prohibition on hunting in the Yukon.
The total fine was set at $4,000 in total, taken from the $500-trophy fee, the value of the gun and scope forfeited at $2,000 and the remaining $1,500 to be paid immediately.
It was also agreed there would be no victim surcharge in the case.
Horembala noted Graves is 46 and a fifth-generation Alberta farmer, though he now works in bullet-making.
He is also married with two children, one who is attending university and another who is in Grade 12.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Platinum Member

So, do you plan on sending me any more insulting PM's trying to telling me what an innocent bystander you are and what a nasty mean person I am?
Old 01-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Gold Member

BB,

I think I'll order some more bullets! Never had someone tell me "HE'D SEND THE BILL WITH THE BULLETS!".
Old 01-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Bronze Member

Not quite what I said was it, but whatever.