Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

I'll look stupid here....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Silver Member

Re: I\'ll look stupid here....

JDJones

yup your right & that's why we are attracted to this Great Forum - to learn more about Guns, shooting etc....
Old 12-01-2006, 10:48 AM

I'm a new "old" guy who will never stop learning. How do I find out which Remington Model 700, 7mm-08, I have? Purchased more than 20 years ago along with a Sako Finnbear 7mm Rem Mag. Don't know if it is a CDL, an ADL or what does the term long or short mean with reference to scope mounts etc.

Any assistance would be appreciated!
Old 12-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Military-Jager,

If its a factory rifle, you have a Rem 700 Short Action. There are two action lengths from Remingtion in their 700 line of rifles, short and long action. The short actions are for everything in the 308 class length and under and the Long actions are the same for everything from the 30-06 up to the RUM chamberings length wise anyway.

If your rifle is 20 yards old it is not a CDL. The CDL is a new design just released in the last few years. Receiver wise, its the same as the old designs, just differnet finish and different stock design.

You either have an ADL or a BDL. The ADL will have a solid bottom stock with no floorplate under the receiver, just a trigger guard.

The BDL will have the hinged floorplate under the receiver so you can open the floorplate and drop the rounds in the magazine from the bottom.

All Rem 700 Short actions, no matter weither they are an ADL, BDL or CDL will use the same Rem 700 short action scope bases. If you want a one piece base you will need the specific short action base. IF you want a two piece base system they are the same for long and shot actions.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 12-02-2006, 06:53 AM

Ken,

Many Thanks for the information. Just one of the reasons for signing up to this!