Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

If you plan on hunting tribal lands in sd **read this**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Gold Member

If you plan on hunting tribal lands in sd **read this**

I'm not trying to start anything, just passing on my knowledge. Recently the Tribal Council on Pine Ridge Indian Reservation has voted to leagalize the sale, consumption, and possession of alcohol aboard the Rez. I worked in LE in nearby Rapid City for five years, leaving earlier this year. I have seen the effects of alcohol on the natives from Pine Ridge and Red Bud. Please do some research BEFORE*you plan your trip and pay your $. Look at recent crime stats, and talk with the local LE (off the Rez) to determine if the trip is worth it. Personally, there's only one ranch I would feel comfortable setting foot on in PR. It is owned by a buddy's father, whom I worked with at the PCSO. I have been in some really crappy situations, in some really crappy places, and I would avoid the Rez at all costs.

If you have any questions feel free and contact me.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all." Marine General Mattis

Custom built 7mm SAUM