Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

If you could move anywhere in the US where would you go?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 04:37 AM
Silver Member

Re: If you could move anywhere in the US where would you go?

This is awesome!

I've been looking for land in Co, Wy, Mt and it's ALL incredibly expensive for so little land! Especially if you're looking for a place that's not just prarie or scrub.

Come on Dinar!

Doc
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
If you could move anywhere in the US where would you go?-kali.jpg  

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas

Old 01-29-2013, 04:45 AM
Bronze Member

Yep! Your picture is priceless.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:44 AM

I have lived In Alabama all my life and im talking in the woods not the city and although I love it here I would like to see Wyoming,idaho,utah area before I die and have enjoyed reading this thread. there are good and bad things no matter where you go and the bitter cold winters are the only thing that keeps me from moving to the badlands.as I said I live in a remote area in Alabama and can walk out of my backdoor and shoot 500yds and no one calls to complain.i have taken many deer on my own land so if the original thread starter needs to get out of NY there are many options all of which are better than urban areas of NY state.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Bronze Member

cold weather tends to weed out the wannabe's. living in cold weather and having to deal with and really get out in it is a game changer for most. i live and work in the cold and some days it really sucks. Being prepared for winter is a learning curve and a lesson. lost in wyoming and lovin it.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:21 AM
Platinum Member

We lived in the country of the Midwest all our lives. Specifically Iowa. We have been in Montana now for over 4 years. We were just talking about how much better we like the winters here in Montana. Less damp cold days here, dryer snow and plenty of sunshine. In the Midwest a 20* day with that humidity and some wind felt a hole lot colder that it does here at 10*. We smile when we here people complain about this cold. We feel it is much more comfortable than were we were before. The winters do last longer here. But they are pretty mild on both ends.

Jeff
Old 01-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
We lived in the country of the Midwest all our lives. Specifically Iowa. We have been in Montana now for over 4 years. We were just talking about how much better we like the winters here in Montana. Less damp cold days here, dryer snow and plenty of sunshine. In the Midwest a 20* day with that humidity and some wind felt a hole lot colder that it does here at 10*. We smile when we here people complain about this cold. We feel it is much more comfortable than were we were before. The winters do last longer here. But they are pretty mild on both ends.

Jeff

Dang Jeff, don't let the secret out! ;-)
Old 01-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post

Jeff
I agree wholeheartedly! The winters in Montana were long and snowy, but nowhere near as bitter as winter on the plains. Spring, summer, and fall are nicer too.

From time to time, I got a bit stir crazy during the long winters, but the solution was simply to dress properly and get out in it. Being outside during winter time in the mountain west is much more pleasant than most other places of similar latitude.

I remember one winter, a friend of mine bought a forest service permit that allowed us to harvest our own Xmas tree (I don't know if they still do that). We went way back in Hyalite Canyon behind Bozeman to find the perfect tree. We spent all day at it and had a blast doing it. Those were some good times!

I have always mourned the fact that I had to leave Montana. It is a great life! I hope to come back to the mountain west again for good.