Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

If you could move anywhere in the US where would you go?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Silver Member

Re: If you could move anywhere in the US where would you go?

I'm biased because I was born and raised here in Montana, originally from the northeast corner of the state, but now in the southeast corner. Alot of folks like the mountains of the western side, but for me, I like the roughness of the badlands and the foothills of the rockies.

There are so many recreational opportunties out here, the fall brings bird hunting....grouse, huns, pheasants, turkey and doves, plus 1000's of ducks and geese....then you have antelope, elk, and deer hunting (both whitetails and mulies), coyotes, wolf, and mountain lion. Once the general season is over, it's all about calling coyotes! During the spring and summer you can hone your long range skills on a prairie dog town of your choice!

Since the intro of the wolf in the west, we have seen a huge increase in our elk populations around here...in the infamous Missouri breaks to my north, as well as the Custer Forest to my immediate south, and a nice population east of here....

Fishing is great, especially in Ft Peck, for walleye, salmon, northerns, perch....you name it. For me, I hit the Yellowstone River...especially since it is less than 100 yds from my house....fantastic spring, summer, and fall fishing for a variety of fish like walleye, sauger, northerns, catfish, and small mouth bass....

I too have lived in alot of different states over the years during my former career, from Northern Virginia, Arizona, Texas, Tennessee, Georgia, California, and Wyoming. For me, although there was something I like about each state (except Cali....there is nothing I liked at all there) , I am the happiest, most content, and comfortable right here in Montana.

Scott
Old 01-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
LOL don't worry we wont be neighbors, my sarcasm comes off much better in person.
Thou Shalt Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
We need a few more rednecks and a few less hippies
Amen to that!

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Gold Member

Montana truly is first place in my heart.

The thing that gives me pause about Montana is my concern that it may be the next western state to become a "blue" state like Colorado and Nevada have.

When I lived in Montana, Bozeman was the wild and wooly cowboy town and Missoula was the granola town. The last time I was in Bozeman, I was dismayed to see that it, too, has become more of a granola town. It was starting to go that way when I left because of some carpet-bagging jackwagons from Commiefornia who managed to insinuate themselves into the local chamber of commerce. I am just sorry to see that their power has continued to grow there.

That and the fact that Wyoming has no state income tax kind of make me lean more towards finding a spot in Wyoming. Still, Montana is like a first love that I never got over. I may find myself there yet!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Platinum Member

I have been to Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Idaho, Colorado, and some more but they arent exactly prime "hunting" states. And for the reason of scenery and hunting oppertunities Wyoming is 1st, Colorado 2nd, and Montana 3rd. When i am old enough and have enough money (hopefully anyways ) i want to move to wyoming, probably around Laramie.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 01-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
I have been to Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Idaho, Colorado, and some more but they arent exactly prime "hunting" states. And for the reason of scenery and hunting oppertunities Wyoming is 1st, Colorado 2nd, and Montana 3rd. When i am old enough and have enough money (hopefully anyways ) i want to move to wyoming, probably around Laramie.
Have been and living in a certain place(s) is not the same. As a military brat and retired military, I've traveled and lived in many states and countries.

Geez Riley, you're only 14 enjoy the moment ... . Some of us are heading downhill, enjoyed it while you can.

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Silver Member

Ha hahaha !
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
If you could move anywhere in the US where would you go?-kali.jpg  
Old 01-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Gold Member

The long winters ran a lot of them off, but not before they did their damage to the local scene. The other problem with the invaders from Commiefornia is that, like the locusts that they are, there is always another wave of them ready to replace those that leave.