Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

If you could move anywhere in the US where would you go?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Platinum Member

Re: If you could move anywhere in the US where would you go?

Wyoming!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member

Re: If you could move anywhere in the US where would you go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
That's awesome, the issue with TX is the wife cant see her self in the heat. Having spent 3 years living in the middle east, I know the heat and that your body adapts very quickly to 140f, so fast in fact that when it drops to below 100f at night your looking for your jacket (crazy huh). I would much rather have the heat than the cold, which is opposite of when I was a child. I had been pushing the TX hill county to her very hard but she just cant see it. I have several friend in TX from the service and even a few from high school and they all love it.

Then Montana, Wyoming and Alaska are probably not for you

I am just the opposite. I hate heat and can deal with cold much better, especially dry Western cold. I hate Eastern humid cold. I'm with your wife. Texas heat and humidity would be too much. It's way different than the Middle East desert if that's where you were. I spent 4 years in Southern IL and hated it. Never adapted at all to that.

Maybe high altitude Northern New Mexico would be a good compromise.

Good luck.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams