Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

If you could move to any state for Hunting, what would it be?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Silver Member

I think Alaska may be too far away for this guy. I should have mentioned it earlier, but for the most part he's considering the lower 48. It's not out west but the Carolinas have long deer hunting rifle seasons and that's another option I mentioned to him.

The guys is already living paycheck to paycheck so it's not too big of a deal, but the paychecks have to cover the bills.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Silver Member

I'd move back to AZ, no question. Coues, Elk, Muley's, that state has some of the biggest of all of 'em.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coues Sniper View Post
I'd move back to AZ, no question. Coues, Elk, Muley's, that state has some of the biggest of all of 'em.
I agree, Arizona has some of the best hunting in the country, BUT unless you are a young man you may not live long enough to draw a tag!!!:eek:
But that is how they keep such quality hunting.

Now if just like to Bowhunt, here in N. VA, Deer season opens first Sat. in Sept. and closes last Sat. in March, limit 2 deer per day, but only three bucks per season. Res deer tags $9.00 each.
Dave
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)
Old 06-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Platinum Member

I moved from the southeast to boise ,idaho and can tell you firsthand that i've been suprised at the low game animal numbers there .

If you could magically use google earth and scan the landscape and see an infrared image of all the game animals below -the number of animals per acre in idaho would not even compare the the number of game animals in the eastern/midwestern side of the nation.
I've walked countless miles and never see more than a sage sparrow and fleeing jackrabbit.

Wyoming seems to have a lot of antelope and mule deer but i'm not tuff enough to live there -and the real estate prices are beyond crazy -a mobile home on 1/2 acre =$110,000.

Some of the prettiest country i've seen is arkansas ,eastern oklahoma ,missouri -good hunting beautiful hardwoods .
Old 06-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member

Ol Mike, we otta get together some time. There's a lot of empty space between groups of animals. It takes a little getting used to.

As for me I'm here and I'm stayin'.

However, I've been thinking of a year and a half down in NZ would be pretty sweet.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Bronze Member

North Dakota has got to be one of the best kept secrets in the USA.
may be worth a look
Norm
Old 06-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Silver Member

ndnorm

this isnt the best kept secret its just that people cant handle the 0 to -60 below weather. they thnk we are crazy.we only get once in a liftime elk, moose and big horn and thats if you drawone in your lifetime.it usually takes 5-7 years to get a mule deer tag thats crazy got shoot does for that long to shoot a muley. its an ok place but western montana is on the top of my list even though i live in ND