Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Idaho Slobs are out in droves.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Platinum Member

Idaho Slobs are out in droves.

Early elk has started rifle and arrows.

Howe area: Friend coming out of the brush with his arrow slinger met two fellas dragging a nice 4X4 Muley. Muley season is a ways from opening.:mad:

Same general area.

A green measure 360 6X7 bull was taken. Things would have been well if the "taker" would have waited until the season was actually open and for the bull to cross the hwy into the open unit.

Following items were confiscated:
New Ford pick up, rifle, all the stuff in the truck.
Dues on that kind of trophy rack will be around $10K plus.

Clementsville - 5 slobs nabbed shooting from the road into private property w/o permission. The land owner is a nice guy. Know him and have hunted his property. His biggest problem is gut piles in his 3rd crop hay.

This is just the start........
Old 08-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Gold Member

Sadly, I suspect it will only get worse...........:mad:

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
RMEF Member
Old 08-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Silver Member

Idaho isn't the only state to have slobs.
Last year we gave away a free hunt on pvt. land in Washington state, I have hunted this land several times and their are plenty of large bulls their along with some pretty nice white tails and lots of Turkey and grouse. When the winner showed up the land owner told him to stay off the fields near the road when hunting and to camp on the other side of the hill from his place because of road hunting poachers, he said it had gotten so bad over the last year that at night you could hear automatic fire once or twice a week. The sheriff and game dept. hadn't been able to catch anyone but he had found empty AK rounds on the road and gut piles on the edge of his fields. What was worse was finding dead deer and elk just left in the field.
They did catch several poachers in a car later in the year after hunting season was over, all four of them were illegal aliens and they were using a AK, they said they were hunting to feed their family but they had no tools for cutting up the animal and their car only had a small trunk. None showed up for court.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Platinum Member

I hear ya. I was out and about in the woods this weekend and saw probably something like 50 guys trying to archery hunt deer from the back of a pickup bed! They were in full camo and some even had face paint on. I kept wondering why they went to the bother of putting camo on when they would have been better off wearing something the same color as the truck they were glued to. Or better yet, black and white stripes would be the best color for them because hunting in this manner is illegal in Utah!
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Interesting Roy,

Please offer a bit more information please.

How many of those guys you referred to were Long Range Hunters????

I think we had a discussion a couple days ago about how most feel LRH is so unethical. I can not remember the last LRH I heard about that was in violation of braking any laws.

But damn, those ethical hunters seem to slip up more often.

Mainly just kidding as I know most hunters are very eithical at following the law but I get a kick out of so many saying we are unethical for what we do when you never hear about a LRH poaching game.....

It is sad all around, all we can do is turn them in when we see it.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 08-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Silver Member

I coyote hunt a large area of public land just north of Milwaukee and I have the game wardens number on my phone just in case I come across some of these idiots. It's only a matter of time.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Gold Member

Another good reason to have that # is just in case you end up in a place that they are the only guys that can get to you...or even know where in the world you are....try telling a 911 operater your on the back side of holler bottom on the south end of gator slue near porkypine bluff with a broke leg see how long before your help finds you.....They can take trucks down roads the public cant, open gates the public cant use.....and treat em with a lil respect for what they are there to do you might just make a friend that just might tell you about some nice places to hunt..I have!

By the way I have thier home #'s and believe me around here they welcome the call at 200 am about a night-poacher....those idots dont derserve to be called hunters!

Tag numbers are awsome too! Seen the Man sitting in thier driveway when they got home with an illegal buck in the truck....talk about busted!

You get a AA+

Last edited by NYLES; 08-21-2007 at 02:43 PM.