Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Idaho ,Boise ,Twin Falls ,Pocatello- guys ?'s for you .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member

Idaho ,Boise ,Twin Falls ,Pocatello- guys ?\'s for you .

Howdy ,

I'd like to get some regional info. from you guys in the Boise/Nampa area.
I've been planning a ground squirrel -slash- exploration trip there for mid-may.
I'd like to get some info. on weather-construction economy -stuff like that.
I know alot of people are moving there.A web-site 'city-data' for gathering this type of info their mentality is "i found a nice place EVERYBODY please come here and ruin it".That's why i say i'd like to use PM's -not b/c i don't want board members to see but google finds anything if you go far enough down the list.
So if you're from there or nearby or just know alot about the area let me know please.Thanks alot -Mike
Old 03-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Idaho ,Boise ,Twin Falls ,Pocatello- guys ?\'s for you .

I know they have chucks down there but not sure on how many squirles they have. Are the chucks coming out down there yet? I saw some in Lewiston just wondering about down south.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member

I read my own post and almost confused myself [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .

I'd like to know about the amount of construction work and the general ecomomy around the bigger towns/cities in southern idaho.
My plan has been to move out west and many places in colorado [colo springs -denver] are just too big for me.
I'd like to live so far out in the country/wilderness they have to pump in daylight -but can't figure out a way to make enough to buy fancy rifles and scopes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Unfortunately a growing area is where i have to be and there have to be people wanting a home built or remodeled.
So i want to kill two birds w/one stone when i go to southern idaho in may -kill some varmints look around for a place to live-etc..
So anything you can tell me -an opinion or observation would be of interest to me.
I just want to live somewhere w/a little elbow room to do some hunting/fishing and riding but unfortunately have to live near a growing population of people.
Thanks for any help -Mike
Old 03-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Platinum Member

Screech ,

I was root'n around on google earth and saw you there in west central riggins ,idaho -nice truck !!

Just kidding of coarse but i did zoom in -kind of barren/open in your neck of the woods isn't it.
Is it hot up your way by the middle of may ?
Old 03-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member

Mike,

I sent you a pm w/some info.

Things in the construction area are booming. Driggs is expanding so fast that it is unbelievable. So is Idaho Falls, Pokey and the general area.

If you want a construction job, and an are willing to work your touche off you could start tomorrow.l Plenty of houses, offices etc to frame and finish.

If you are really good, year around work is avaialble. Most construction Companies lay off the lower end folks over the winter. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I can give you a contact to call to get the straight skinny.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:52 AM

I grew up in SE Idaho but have lived in Nampa for the past 10 years. This place is growing so fast it's not even funny. The housing market had a large boom and has tapered off but still strong. We've got ground squirrels or whistle pigs(funny name I know) about 15 minutes from here that are fun to go after. Hunting and fishing close with lots of opportunities. If you need more specifics on the area, send me an e-mail.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Platinum Member

Rolling out bright and early -Meridian ,Idaho will be my new home !! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] -> dream come true.