Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Ian McMurchy Has Passed Away!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 12:19 AM
SPONSOR

Re: Ian McMurchy Has Passed Away!

I hope they come out with his new reticle then, i didnt know he was working on another one, the nikon BDC and the way he designed to find your correct drops really does work great.

I hope in the 09 Nikon flyer they say something about Ian's passing, it would be a good rememberance to him
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 12-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Silver Member

Sorry to hear of this news today. I didn't know him but from artcles and stories, he was a hunting and shooting idol and will be missed.
Our prayers are with Ian's family and friends, never fun around the holidays.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Silver Member

To Ian's family: I hope that you are in some way comforted by the impact that Ian has had on so many who have never met him. A generous, knowledgeable and well respected gentlemen. May God comfort those left behind and may we all strive to live a life that positively impacts so many people! John S
Old 12-27-2008, 12:45 PM
PUBLISHER

Today is Ian's funeral in Regina.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 12-28-2008, 09:14 AM

Living in the same home town and shooting at the same range as Ian, I got to learn a great deal from him. When looking for a versatile rifle he talked me into the Pro Hunter, great choice. When you were at the range he would always walk up and chat about how things were going and if he could help with something. That always was the segway to talk hunting and he was always a treat to listen to his adventures. We have lost what I would call an Icon in our sport and he will truly be remembered as one.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Silver Member

Wow,
I havn't been on many message boards lately like I use to and decided to see what everyone was up to here on LRH. Not good news to recieve... though a little late for me.

I always evaluate people by the amount of respect they generate from other people around them and how much I have for them. Ian definitely was in the upper half of my list to say the least.
I missed meeting him at the SHOT show the year he had his big bear there. I walked right by his bear and didn't stop to read the tag. Only after I got back and saw the bear picture here on LRH did I realize it was Ian's bear and the opportunity I missed.

Rest in peace!

Steve
Old 01-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Silver Member

I didn't realize how long it had been since I had lurked on this site until I got your email tonight Len.

You and Ian were the two steady voices that I always looked up to, so much on this board.

Ian and I still swapped emails for some time after I quit posting a couple of years ago. Photography, Writing and of course rifles and hunting were the main topics.

He was a Mentor to many, and while I never met him in person, those of us who were blessed with his wisdom, love and understanding in email are truly richer in our lives for his presence.

Someday in the future, I am looking forward to finally getting to meet this great man, face to face, and share the great hunting grounds that he has now found.

Tim Behle