Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Ian McMurchy Has Passed Away!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-21-2008, 04:37 AM
Gold Member
Re: Ian McMurchy Has Passed Away!

God bless you Ian !

Our prayers are with all his family and friends.

With each step in the bush, you are a step closer.

Unread 12-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Silver Member

Ian Loved his family and friends, taking pictures, teaching people to shoot, custom rifles and of course .308's Over the past couple years his little white truck has made numerous trips just north of Swift Current where we burnt up alot of Varget and turned white steel grey. Ian taught us alot about shooting and life. I will never forget the smile on his face when telling me how he took his family to the range and his Grandaughter shot balloons with the new .22 he bought for her. Ian I am going to miss you.

Unread 12-21-2008, 12:25 PM

Sorry to hear of the passing of Mr. McMurchy. I had just discovered this site and was reading his articles at the moment of his passing. I've learned a lot.
Condolences to friends and family.
Unread 12-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Condolences, and Gods grace to Ian's friends and family.

It is obvious that he was a good man. We all can only hope to have as positive an influence on our fellow men as he has.

Hammer Bullets
Advanced Technology
Simply Better

To hunt... or not to hunt...? What a stupid question.
Unread 12-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Silver Member

It is truely a sad day when a good man leaves this world. We, as a shooting community, have lost a good source of information and insight. I can only imagine what he was like in person and the huge hole he has left.

My heart goes out to his family and close friends. They have had a great treasure and will now suffer the greatest loss.

Condolences to all, those fortunate ones that knew him and miss him, and the unfortunate ones that are the poorer for not knowing him.

This is a very sad day indeed.

"When working with the public, there are two things you need to remember. - 1. The public is a bunch of ignorant morons. - 2. YOU and I are one of them!"
Unread 12-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member

On 12/19/07 Ian answered one of my questions... after he was done he said:

"Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas, I am sure that handsome grandson will be ready for Santa! We have a little granddaughter who is counting the sleeps - we are so blessed to have the little ones aren't we!"

I had always felt he was a good guy, but after that I just knew it!!!

I'm sorry he's not with us any more and offer my condolences to his loved ones, his friends and those that will miss him... all of us!

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Unread 12-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Platinum Member

I didn't know Ian, but I've read all of his articles on this site. I'm a better hunter as a result.

Although I never met him, he will be missed.
I'm not gonna shoot here. I'm gonna shoot waaaaaaaay over there!