close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Ian McMurchy Has Passed Away!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Silver Member

Re: Ian McMurchy Has Passed Away!

To the family and friends of Ian's I offer my condolences. His articles, stories, and pictures were treasured by outdoorsmen everywhere.

He will be sorely missed.
    Unread 12-20-2008, 09:39 PM
    Platinum Member

This is terrible news, I considered Ian to be a good friend. We talked ofton on the phone and I was aware of his long battle with this illnes. Ian would always call back if he couldn't talk when I can, eventhou we had never met in person, I feel a great loss.

Unread 12-20-2008, 09:49 PM
    Platinum Member

Sad news indeed. Our sport has lost truly a great ambassador.

I had never met the man, but I can't remember a time he didn't take the time to answer anything I might have asked him, always willing to share his knowledge.

The world will be less bright without him.

Chris
    Unread 12-20-2008, 10:30 PM
    Silver Member

Ian's passing is a tremendous loss to our community. He will be missed.

My thoughts and prayers to all of those who's life he has enriched.

Southpaw
    Unread 12-20-2008, 10:45 PM
    Official LRH Sponsor

I never talked to Ian face to face bit felt I knew him very well having many long phone conversations with him.

All I will say is that he was a very kind and gentle sole who rose my spirits everytime I talked with him.

Last year we tried to meet up when he passed through my area heading to an elk hunt. Timing did not work out. That saddened me then and now I regret not making that happen so I could have shaken the mans hand.......

Ian was one of those people that when they are gone, everyone notices something is different, not complete, without them there.

He was a kind, calm voice of reason and vast experience here on LRH. I can remember many times talking to him on the phone and being interupted by his grand childern coming in to play with grandpa, an interuption that was well worth listening to. I am sure as sad as we are, his family is baring a loss that is hard to imagine at this time and our prayers go out to them.

When we pass, I think the best compliment we could get is that the world is a bit less bright now that we are gone. That is certainly how the world is today, just not quite as bright.

Good bye Ian, THANK YOU old friend!!! We will certainly notice you are not with us any longer.........

Allen Precision Shooting
    Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
    Unread 12-21-2008, 12:26 AM
    Silver Member

I'm terribly saddened by the news of Ian's passing. He'll surely be missed by everyone here.
    Unread 12-21-2008, 03:18 AM
    Silver Member

This is truly a sad time. I wish the deepest condolences to his family and friends. We were graced with his passion. His lessons and legacy will live into eternity through his writing. How lucky we were that he chose to chronicle and share his life's work for all to enjoy.