Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Ian McMurchy Has Passed Away!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Writers Guild

Re: Ian McMurchy Has Passed Away!

A truly nice and generous man and a great ambassador to the sport. His writings were informative and helpful.

I have conversed with him for a few years now and he always came across as a true gentleman.

He will be deeply missed.

My sincere and deepest condolences to his family

Jerry Teo
Old 12-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member

I am so sad. He was really a great forum member. He had gotten an agreement to write a book on Long Range Hunting and had asked if I (and I am sure quite a few others on the forum) would help edit it. I was really looking forward to helping him on that project.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Silver Member

What sad news this is---My prayers will be with Ian's family and friends. We will miss him greatly here at LRH, but I'm sure we'll never forget him.

Len that is a great picture you used of Ian, he looks like he's in his element. That smile says a lot. Thanks for being a part of our family here at LRH, Ian.

Sincerely

Jim
Old 12-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Gold Member

While I never spoke directly to him, I enjoyed his writing very much. It is clear we have lost one of the greats. His accomplishments have and will continue to benefit us all.

His family is in our prayers.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Platinum Member

Shocked and saddened to hear this. I enjoyed Ian's articles, threads and posts. His contributions to this forum were impressive, as was his knowledge. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and loved ones at this time.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

I just got the email. I am so sorry. Ian always offered valuable experiance and cool stories here. I talked to him several times and we tried several times to meet here in Anchorage as he was passing through for various hunts but could never hook up. I will regret dearly never being able to meet him.

Len, I am very sorry.

Sincerly,

Michael Eichele
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Silver Member

I am deeply saddened. I was not aware that Ian was in poor health. We have all been enriched by his contributions and selfless example and we are greatly diminished by his absence. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Festus