Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

I wish I lived out west.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member

Re: I wish I lived out west.

I grew up here in NW MT, love it, tonight went fly fishing on local river, pulled ina 6,9 #'s bull trout , then a 5 #'s pike, all the while snacking on smoked laker from a few nights earlier.All my highschool buddies wanted to seethe world and get out of our, then 5000 pop. town. NOW THEY ALL WANT TO COME BACK.Im currently unemployed right now, but I have always understood the quality of life here, this is MY HOME.

Unread 03-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Broz

You'll do!!!!!!!

That's exactly how its done.

Roy
Think you can find me a wife with a good payin job so I can "do whatever comes along"?
Unread 03-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6x6 View Post
I grew up here in NW MT, love it, tonight went fly fishing on local river, pulled ina 6,9 #'s bull trout , then a 5 #'s pike, all the while snacking on smoked laker from a few nights earlier.All my highschool buddies wanted to seethe world and get out of our, then 5000 pop. town. NOW THEY ALL WANT TO COME BACK.Im currently unemployed right now, but I have always understood the quality of life here, this is MY HOME.
Will you better stock up on lakers becuse the indians are going to net the whole lake next fall. They want bull trout. It make me sick. It will be ruined for years and years and years!! they want to net as much as they can out; maybe 100,000 or more. There probably isn't as many as 100 native americans that fish Flathead; but it is a "spiritual" thing they say; they want it back to one hundred years ago!! You haven't been able to keep a bull trout in the flathead rivers for over 30 years and you can't keep bull trout in the lake so what are we going to have for a fishery? If I was a young man I would not move to NW Montana; they have locked up all the roads and the native americans are going to be in control of the waters! They do not own the north haf of Flathead lake but the state is still going to let then. Are fish and game is a joke. To hunderd men went to the meating to say no way. Not one sportsmen whanted it neted out of to hunder. Fishing and game said it didn't mater what we whanted.
Unread 03-08-2010, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member

Montana sucks! Montana sucks! Montana sucks! There's no hunting here!

Come on over, we have plenty of space for you in the Big Sky Country!

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an ***hole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Unread 03-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONYA View Post
Think you can find me a wife with a good payin job so I can "do whatever comes along"?
(edit)

Nevermind............

Jeff

Last edited by Broz; 03-08-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Unread 03-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Silver Member

Feenix, do I smell a little sarcasm in your last post??
Unread 03-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Gold Member

My wife and I felt the urge to move out west, from southern Illinois, about 2 years ago. Things fell into place and we've been in western SD for about 18 months. We have decided to move back to the eastern NC area in a few years. I don't want to make you second guess your desire but things out here aren't what we expected. We have noticed a different mentality in the people out here than what we are used to. In order to avoid offending people I'll keep the details of my opinion to myself. I do have to say that the game out here is fantastic. This past year my wife and I filled 7 deer/antelope tags in 3 days of hunting.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all." Marine General Mattis

Custom built 7mm SAUM