Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

I was robbed !!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Platinum Member
I was robbed !!!

I took a half day off work to enjoy the great weather and calm wind to go shoot my new 260 and see if I could strech it out to 800yds or so. I packed up my shooting bench and portable reloading bench and "tackle"box and headed out to my hunting lease , I diden't get to shoot out past 500yds due to some folks out their scouting but I found several great loads with a couple differant bullets and soth a few sub 2" groups at 500yds !!!

Very pleased I packed up and started home , I had to stop for fuel and to shake hands with shorty , thw whole 2 mins I was inside paying and going to the bathroom some rotten bastard cleaned out the back of my truck!!! took my bench , all my reloading supplies and portable bench , luckly I had my rifle in the cab and locked out of habit.

The part that realy pisses me off is that this stuff with probably end up in a pawnshop sold for 1/10 what its worth for drugs
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Molon Labe

Unread 10-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Platinum Member
Did you check to see if the station had surveillance cameras ?

Man that stinks - ihate it for you =thank god you had the rifle up front and locked !!
Personnally i think a person like that should literally be horse whipped then have to pay you back 3 times what they stole from you.
AIPAC for president !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 10-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Gold Member

What a terrible end to a good day!

It's hard to believe somebody could get away with that at a gas station without an eye witness and I can't imagine they wouldn't have surveillance cameras.

Thank God they didn't get the rifle!

Feeling for ya buddy, I built the ultimate tree stand and had it padlocked to a tree on public hunting land ( about 20 ft. up)where I was bow hunting, I was heading out to the stand (30 miles from home) one evening and when I got there there was no stand. :mad:

Sorry for your loss,

P.S Do you have pixs of the .260 in the new stock
without God their is no hope for this country

Last edited by 308 nate; 10-03-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Unread 10-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Platinum Member
As soon as I walked out of the store I noticed that my tailgate was down so I ran over to find the bed empty , I ran back to the store to ask if the clerk had seen anything or if they had cameras , well two cameras in place one on the store looking at the pumps and one on the pump station looking at the front door , neither one of them is hooked up !!!!!!!! just their for show. This is a small mom and pop store , I called local law enforcement and they diden't seem to eager to help but took a report , I'm gonna call the upper end suppervisor and ask for a profesional favor and explain the situation this morning.

This is the one time I diden't take one of my dogs with me cause they get into trouble with skunks at the club , I guess a stinky dog is better than loosing your stuff.

Nate , I ran the tracking number and the USPS can't find it so we're getting that squared away and another package will be on its way this week. I haven't taken any new pics of the gun in the new stock but I plan to this afternoon if I get out of work on time , I have to say I think it looks alot better in the laminated stock with the new black finish that it did as a two tone and black stock.

Anyway I'm gonna have to buy new dies , scale , bullets and brass.

Anybody have the address of phone number of "Bob Cattiruco" I know that last name is spelled wrong , its the same guy that made those 6.5's I sent you Nate
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Molon Labe
Unread 10-03-2007, 08:21 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Feelin' for ya man.

You get a lead on the guy up this way, and I'll do you a professional favor! ;)

"Character is who you are when nobody is watching"
Unread 10-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Silver Member
I know how you feel, In feb. i was at the local gun shop buying supplys and got my pickup stolen with $30,000 in tools, guns, laptop. It was found 9/20/07 in salvage yard in kansas city MO. They tried to sell the bed to a undercover cop. A locked vehicle is as easy to break into for these slimballs as a can of peanut butter. They still haven't recovered any tools,guns or anything else but like you i bet some a--hole sniffed it all up.
Unread 10-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Silver Member
Cauterucio Bullets
GTB Bullets

482 Comerwood Ct.
South San Francisco 94080