Talked to Kirby this weekend and we've settled on the following for my .338AM. Let me know what you all think.
1) 8.5" BAT action 1.55" diameter. Spiral Fluted bolt, light steel shroud.
2) 32" Lilja barrel fluted, Kirby's special Contour.
3) Muzzle brake
4) McMillan A5 stock, black/white marble finish. Thumbwheel adjustable cheek piece. Flush mount swivel carry attachments on left side of stock.
5) Rifle Basix trigger with Remington Style safety.
6) 40MOA base.
7) Nightforce 3.5x15x50 NXS with NP-R2 reticle.
8) misc: ACI and level.
Nothing earth shattering in the above list. I haven't completely decided on the finish yet. I am debating about having all the metalwork Teflon coated black. Luckily, I don't have to make that decision for awhile.
ps: Before I talked with Kirby to finalize the order, I had to go out and shoot a couple of my rifles. I think it was to convince myself I could actually still shoot! I hadn't shot groups out of my .243 or 7mm RemMag in a few years (one shot groups into deer don't count ;-)).
With a variable wind of up to 7mph, the largest group was a 4 shot .7" group from the 7mm (its an 8lb hunting rifle). I shot 3 groups just under .5" with the .243 (all horizontal stringing due to the wind). The vertical size for all three groups were around .1".
All groups where shot with just a bipod and hand holding the rear of the stock (no bags etc.)