Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

I need yalls help with a class Study

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Silver Member

Re: I need yalls help with a class Study

One way to look at things from an "anthropological" aspect is to go beneath the surface and not ask "what" but "why".

For example. When an elected official says, as did Obama, "Don't worry I'm not going to take your guns away." I am not interested nearly as much in what he said as why.
You see the statement implies that he thinks he has the authority to take your guns away. We are a Republic not a monarchy.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Platinum Member

I wasn't going to reply at all to this thread, but instead I think that maybe I can assist you some just not in the way you initially asked for.

As stated most of the questions are personal, and make no mistake most folks feel that it's nobodies damned business what you have or why you choose to posses it. It's not so much about being paranoid as being private and valuing privacy. Now top it off with concern, and some amount of paranoia. Backed up with the known that Obummer and Frankenstien others as well have made it clear, either by outright statements or actions, that they do want to disarm all of us. Take into to what the patriot act and NDAA means, as well as now we have them not only wanting to fly spy drones over American soil but want to arm some of those drones. That Vetrans affars (what ever the official name is) is actively trying to disarm vets over bullshit disabilities. I would be amazed if you didn't run into the responses you've seen here.

As to the differences you've seen in responses in Texas vs. here you have to realize that Texas from it's birth has been built on Saying "F&% you" yea I got it it's mine you'll have to TAKE it. State by state Texas is unique that way, but don't mistake that as everybody else not feeling the same way, everybody does. The difference is most everybody else would much rather just come out of the blue with no warning. In short Texas controls the rattles, but we are all the whole snake saying DON'T TREAD ON ME

Hope this helps you with your paper
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 02-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
I wasn't going to reply at all to this thread, but instead I think that maybe I can assist you some just not in the way you initially asked for.

As stated most of the questions are personal, and make no mistake most folks feel that it's nobodies damned business what you have or why you choose to posses it. It's not so much about being paranoid as being private and valuing privacy. Now top it off with concern, and some amount of paranoia. Backed up with the known that Obummer and Frankenstien others as well have made it clear, either by outright statements or actions, that they do want to disarm all of us. Take into to what the patriot act and NDAA means, as well as now we have them not only wanting to fly spy drones over American soil but want to arm some of those drones. That Vetrans affars (what ever the official name is) is actively trying to disarm vets over bullshit disabilities. I would be amazed if you didn't run into the responses you've seen here.

As to the differences you've seen in responses in Texas vs. here you have to realize that Texas from it's birth has been built on Saying "F&% you" yea I got it it's mine you'll have to TAKE it. State by state Texas is unique that way, but don't mistake that as everybody else not feeling the same way, everybody does. The difference is most everybody else would much rather just come out of the blue with no warning. In short Texas controls the rattles, but we are all the whole snake saying DON'T TREAD ON ME

Hope this helps you with your paper

it all does i was just very angry with the replies i got at first asking if i was crazy and being threatened to be kicked off the sight.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:35 PM

Here you go ill step up to the plate/ actually man up and help you out man. I read every post on this thread and just dont understand how or what some of yall think. the world isnt coming to an end and there is no reason to litterally be scared to death. its ok just take deep breaths.

Here you go hope this HELPS!

1.How many AR style Rifles have you bought? What kind or what is your intent for the use of the firearm?

Got 3 AR's. Mainly hunting and target shooting, but might as well put down for protection if needed.

2.How many pistols have you bought? What is you intent to use them for?

2 pistols. Carrying/ protection/ target shooting/ and carry while running dogs.

3.How much and kind of ammunition have you purchased, and why? Or if you hand load what kind of supply’s bullets powders etc. have you purchased and why?

.223-1000rds or more .308-600rds or more .30-06--80rds. Plus what else i got around for other calibers and didn't bother adding up. Well I actually like to hunt and shoot on a regular basis and Like to be able to do so when I like. With the shortage, that's why I buy a lot when they have what I want. Wait until deer season rolls around and you can't find ammo.

4.Have you purchased any high powered rifles such as 50bmg, 300RUM, 338Lapua and what is you intent with these firearms?

Have not purchased any high powers rifles at this point.

5.Do you think gun control or any form of magazine restrictions, or extended back ground check will help the issues on hand?

No I do not believe it will do much at all. Criminals will continue being criminals. All it will impact is the law abiding citizens.

6.Do you like our current president and the people that hold office right know?

That would be a big negative ghostrider.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Gold Member

There you go. Throw a hook in the water and eventually something will bite. It's not a matter of manning up or being scared. Even though you might have an idea what's under a ladies skirt, it's not mannerly to ask. If it needs to be explained why it's not mannerly, you'll probably end up learning the hard way.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 338 View Post
There you go. Throw a hook in the water and eventually something will bite. It's not a matter of manning up or being scared. Even though you might have an idea what's under a ladies skirt, it's not mannerly to ask. If it needs to be explained why it's not mannerly, you'll probably end up learning the hard way.
its just fine to ask people if they don't want to tell then they don't have to, and that is my friend that posted that he just joined the other day. It would be the same as if i saw you at a gun range and asked what you had tied up in your rifle you could tell me or you could say id rather not no hard feeling either way, its just a persone opinion if they would like to share or not i dont mind or think any less of a person that will not tell me that's no big deal, but to attack me for asking is a big deal that is ridiculous. There were many poeple on the other forum that did share and there were allot that said they would rather not but didnt criticize me for asking they just said id rather nor and continued on there day. And i though of them as the same person i always did.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 338 View Post
It doesnt need to be explained, you either know what to do with whats under the skirt or you dont. meaning you either take part under the skirt or you dont. It was that simple, dont need a long explination or why you were not able to or didnt take part. That sir is a personal problem.