Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

I need yalls help with a class Study

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Silver Member

Re: I need yalls help with a class Study

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupper View Post
Joseph,

I have been reading along on this thread through the afternoon and the evening trying to think of the right way to explain why people are hostile to your questionnaire. Some of what I was going to say has already been addressed.

You have to remember that many of the states that people on this site live in are currently under siege by state legislators, or their state legislatures have not picked a side yet. You and the people in Wyoming are fortunate! So, it is not simply a matter of looking at the federal bans, but also looking at what may be going on in each individual's state. Everyone here is (hopefully) fighting very hard to prevent any of these bans from becoming law, and removing the bans that have become law. Some posters are already in a losing position because of this, and I can't blame them or anyone else for refusing, and hopefully that helps you to understand some of the responses. I wouldn't use the word paranoid with your professor. I would instead describe it as a very real concern based upon possible loss of Constitutional rights, or something along those lines.

I am a high school science teacher. I also just got done with my master's in school counseling, and because of this I have had a fair number of arguments with liberal professors. The thing that I have found is that if you keep your cool and use verifiable facts when arguing your point you can be an extremely powerful weapon for your (our) cause, meaning you can make them look to be a horses ass in front of the class. Whether you choose to do so or not is fully your choice. Best of luck to you on your project, and keep searching for knowledge

Joe
i never thought about that we are blessed to live in a state that is mainly pro gun. Thankyou for your help and i always try to stay level headed with a prof because they are my grader no matter what.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph floerke View Post
why do yall all think i am a prof or someone from the Gov. where my questions really that bizarre.
I just deleted a big answer. I'm think'in you can answer your own question.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:44 PM

I am a veteran and have had questions like these asked at a VA hospital and would not answer them and now that the president has stated that he wants health professionals to ask these questions alot of us had the hair on the back of our necks stand-up. Good luck with your class---Jim
Old 02-26-2013, 11:03 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim d View Post
I am a veteran and have had questions like these asked at a VA hospital and would not answer them and now that the president has stated that he wants health professionals to ask these questions alot of us had the hair on the back of our necks stand-up. Good luck with your class---Jim
Thank you for your service.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 338 View Post
I just deleted a big answer. I'm think'in you can answer your own question.
im not an prof, or any one else just a 20year old college student born in 92
Old 02-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph floerke View Post
im not an prof, or any one else just a 20year old college student born in 92
I believe you.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 338 View Post
I believe you.
okay sorry i came of to be somebody i wasnt i just thought this could be a fun project to do i didn't realize how bad other things are in other states i just read an article about all this crap going on in Colorado with mag restrictions. And that mag pool is about to move they were talking about coming to Texas but it will hurt there production allot having to pack up and move everything.