Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

I need a writer to review Bryan Litz' new book.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Platinum Member

Re: I need a writer to review Bryan Litz' new book.

Currently on chapter 3, but I can't write for the life of me. When I finish it I'll be glad to put up my thoughts though.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 11-01-2012, 08:21 AM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfhjr62 View Post
Already have the book saw it advertized on Berger's web site the first x amount of books pre ordered would be autographed by Walt Berger, Michelle Gallagher, Eric Stecker and Bryan Litz and NOT by Auto Pen.
Len your review of the book is right on and it's good to have a second opinion.
The books autographed by Walt, Michelle, Eric and myself were the Berger Loading Manuals. The book being discussed here is "Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting"; a totally different book but they were both announced on the Berger website so I can see how you thought that.

Just wanted to clarify so no one was disappointed that their book wasn't autographed by all the others.

Take care,
-Bryan

Author of: Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting
And: Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting

Old 11-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Silver Member

I'll take a crack at it. How much is the book?
Old 11-01-2012, 09:47 AM
PUBLISHER

Sorry I haven't back to this thread to comment on and to thank all for their offers.

What I need in a writer is someone familiar with most or all of the terms in the book as mentioned in the summary included in this thread.

Writer should have good experience as a long range shooter.

2 or 3 good photos needed.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Silver Member

I'm in the middle of reading "Accuracy and Precision for LR Shooting" right now. I won't spoil the ending but what I am learning and understanding from the book is the cumulative effect of small errors and one's chances of hitting particular targets at different ranges.

Not too long ago I had the opportuinity to shoot out to 1490 yds with my 7RM. If my memory serves me, I hit an approximately 2' square steel plate 3 out of 10 shots. I wasn't feelin' too good about it because I'm used to shooting small groups at considerabley shorter ranges. To date, his book has explained some of why I had that result, that day.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
I'm in the middle of reading "Accuracy and Precision for LR Shooting" right now. I won't spoil the ending but what I am learning and understanding from the book is the cumulative effect of small errors and one's chances of hitting particular targets at different ranges.

Not too long ago I had the opportuinity to shoot out to 1490 yds with my 7RM. If my memory serves me, I hit an approximately 2' square steel plate 3 out of 10 shots. I wasn't feelin' too good about it because I'm used to shooting small groups at considerabley shorter ranges. To date, his book has explained some of why I had that result, that day.
Here's a teaser for ya. The new book is the next step in expanding your understanding
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 11-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Silver Member

Len,
I am a somewhat experienced shooter. Not as much a LRHunter yet, only kills at 500 and 908, but I have a high master classification in f class both mid range and long range. I would certainly like to review the book. Anything else you need to know, feel free to ask.