Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

I need a writer to review Bryan Litz' new book.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 03:33 PM
SPONSOR

Re: I need a writer to review Bryan Litz' new book.

OK, OK,

I'll do it

Just kidding!

But for real though, free cookies for whoever gets the job

-Bryan

Author of: Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting
And: Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting

Old 10-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Gold Member

I'm relatively new to long range shooting, but I've done a lot of book reviews and such through going to grad school, in addition, I write fiction for fun. I know it's not quite the same, but I do know what to look for in a book. If you want, I'll do a review.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Silver Member

I'm not writer, I wish I was,

But I have had quite a bit of experience with long range shooting, Mainly High power/1000 yards, shooting since 1977, and I've taught several sniper schools for the military and LE.

I have and have read both of Bryan's books. The more I read them, the more I find out I don't know anything about LR shooting.

I really enjoy the WEZ consept. I think, if one applies it to their shooting it can't do anything but help. Use it to brake down your groups, good and bad. They'll improve.

To help explain what I'm talking about, the Internet if full of postings of itty bitty sub minute groups, but in reality, you seldom see cleaned 1000 yard targets. The 10 ring of the NRA HP 1000 target is 2 MOA. The WEZ concept explains why a 1/2 Min 100 yard group doesn't clean the 1000 yard target.

I have serveral books on Ballistic, mostly the military aspect, but Bryan presents his material where anyone can understand it. Easy to read, easy to understand.

Seems like every time I read a section I go "damn, I should have known that, it makes sense, that's why I did X or screwed up when I didn't do Y.

I don't believe one can read it once. It's like the fundamentals of marksmanship, regardless of how much you shoot, you need to go back and do a review.

As I said, I wish I could write and give a proper review. All I can say is its a must have book for anyone who is serious about their shooting, and not just long range shooting.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emn83 View Post
I'm relatively new to long range shooting, but I've done a lot of book reviews and such through going to grad school, in addition, I write fiction for fun. I know it's not quite the same, but I do know what to look for in a book. If you want, I'll do a review.
Heck with reviewing a book, time to run for President..............
Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Heck with reviewing a book, time to run for President..............
LOL, I'd rather keep my current job and do the occasional writing
Old 10-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Silver Member

Already have the book saw it advertized on Berger's web site the first x amount of books pre ordered would be autographed by Walt Berger, Michelle Gallagher, Eric Stecker and Bryan Litz and NOT by Auto Pen.
Len your review of the book is right on and it's good to have a second opinion.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Silver Member

I'm gonna read the book, I haven't read the first one yet though...was gonna order it next week.