Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

I love my job

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 07:46 AM
Silver Member

I love my job

So I'm sitting here reading the new post on the website when it hit me. I love my job. I'm sitting in a deer blind hunting(working) having a good read and getting paid all at the same time. It's going to be a good day today.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:00 AM
Silver Member

Re: I love my job

need someone to carry your gun??? sounds like the best job to me also.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:57 AM
PUBLISHER

I hate my job.

Ten hunting/scouting trips a year to the western states. But someone has to do it.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 10-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Silver Member

Need an apprentice Len?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Platinum Member

Hey as long as you love what you do. My self I have the distinct option of sitting on my motorcycle and making vroom vroom noises every time I walk in my office . No Bs my bike is parked next to my desk for the winter! Who allows that? And I work for the City!
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 11-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Platinum Member

My job six. Spent several days this week helping neighbor tune his Swift and 264 Win in prep for a woof hunt.

Took a stress break and walked around behind the house and harvested a nice cow elk. Ultra Short Range (new forum recommendation) @ 150 yds. Neighbor who I'm helping w/rifle tuning helped bring it out from about 700 yds behind his house.

Same neighbor bagged two yotes from the elk carcass. Took another stress break and packed the yotes out on a pack goat in training (PGIT )

Took elk meat (the potentially tough stuff) to PAPA J's in Clifton ID for Burger/Sausage, Jerky and smokies.

Today again assisting neighbor in final rifle prep for woof hunt.

Next stress break from all of this activity will be a 3 day'r Woof hunt followed by helping son-in-law in a potentially special spike elk hunt.

Also grandson is coming Friday nite to spend Saturday attempting to bag his first elk from behind the house.

Oh, and doing some conservation work also. Local german short hair is chasing elk into the river out back. Gonna do in the GSH. Think I'll get a full body mount and give it to the owner.

Never been so busy. Never made so little money. Never been so fulfilled.

All of this is possible by going cold turkey on 'tinkeritus".
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
I love my job-happily-plodding-along.jpg  

Last edited by royinidaho; 11-01-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:46 AM
PUBLISHER

Quote:
All of this is possible by going cold turkey on 'tinkeritus".
I love my job-tinkeritus.jpg

I am thinking of heading in that direction.