Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

I just learned I don't have long to live so I am going on lots of hunts this year.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Gold Member

Re: I just learned I don't have long to live so I am going on lots of hunts this year

Damn, Len, don't scare me like that! I just ran across an old co-worker from 20+ years ago and was catching up on old times and friends. It turns out that about 1/2 of the guys that bummed around together are no longer on the green side of the grass, and many of them went before 1/ 2of your life expectancy to boot.

One guy left home on a Sunday morning to get milk for the kids and never returned - drunk driver got him. Another's wife died from a brain tumor, and his 11 yr. old son went to get him up for the funeral and found his father dead in bed from an anurism.

See why I'm jumpy?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Platinum Member

Re: I just learned I don't have long to live so I am going on lots of hunts this year

Len,

I don't know what to tell you, man I'm sorry for you!

If you care to answer, how many years before you're 99?

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 07-02-2009, 06:50 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

I'm with esshup, I read the title of the post and got that sour feeling in my stomach.
I don't want to count the number of friends that have left us in the past few years...