Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

I have to tell this story.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Silver Member

Re: I have to tell this story.

After a match at Millville about 30 years ago several of use were bullsxxx around about shooting offhand at 600 yeards so out comes the money had a kid in the pits pulling for us 5 rounds offhand all twenty rounds X RING so offhand at 600 is a possibility BUT 1000 NO WAY.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
I was just thinking, I did have a CRF 1200 in my truck. I could have called his bluff. But then what would it prove? Just would have hurt his feelings.

Jeff
I'm in one of those moods this morning. Carry over from 9/11/01, feed by a bit of December 7th, and just a bit of an attitude... Even got a bit firm in Sunday School class this afternoon and I'm the guy that is supposed to set the good example.....

So......break out the CRF and stomp that suckers feeling into the ground. It's too bad he has most probably already reproduced......

Mr. Roy's rant for the season. I'll now humble my self and crawl back in my man cave.......Yeah.....Right......
Old 09-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Platinum Member

i bet he knows stuff about tape on the end of a barrel too...

NRA Life Member
Old 09-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
So......break out the CRF and stomp that sucker's feeling into the ground. It's too bad he has most probably already reproduced......

Mr. Roy's rant for the season. I'll now humble my self and crawl back in my man cave.......Yeah.....Right......
Hey Jeff,
You meet that guy again, tell him you know of a hunter that would absolutely die to learn those kinda skilz. Even pay good money! Then direct him to Roy - in Idaho of course. Tee Hee... Too funny...
Old 09-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Gold Member

Well, at least he shoots a 338 win mag. I was so entranced by the story that I had already jumped ahead in my mind and figured the guy was probably doing all this with a .25-06. (it's and inside joke...... we used to have a guy in out deer camp that could kill anything at any range with his "G**D*** 25-06" by holding "Just a little over his back" he never used a rest either)

Too bad some guys have all the talent and the rest of us just have to make do with our range finders, super magnums and bipods.......
Old 09-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Gold Member

LOL. Thats too funny.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Platinum Member

Boy, he told that story to the wrong guy... Too bad you didn't think about the rf in the truck sooner!

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl