Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

I got my forster ULTRA SEATER DIE TODAY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Platinum Member

I got my forster ULTRA SEATER DIE TODAY

I'm looking forward to seeing if it makes a difference or not . Once I load up some more rounds i'm going to step out to 700 YRDS and try a 3 shot group. I guess if i don't do to well then I want be able to blame it on the equipment

BigBuck
Old 07-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Platinum Member

Re: I got my forster ULTRA SEATER DIE TODAY

Cool. what are you loading for?
Im not questioning your choice of brand or die manufacturer, but why Forster vs Redding, or Hornady, or...........? Personal preferance? Or is there some other reason? Is it a custom die? What exactly is an Ultra Seater Die? How is it different than say, a competition seating die or a standard seating die?
Too many questions. Sorry. All I wanted to say was congrats, then I got curious.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"

Last edited by winmag; 07-12-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Gold Member

Snap! I just got one for my 7mm mag yesterday. Fired a couple of groups at 100 yds yesterday, nohing special but I feel it was my trigger control. Certainly a nice die to use though. Looking forward to using it at longer range too. I got mine because it had the sleeve to keep everything alinged and it was a good price $NZ75 second hand instead of $NZ165 for a new Redding.

Stu.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:20 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Cool. what are you loading for?
Im not questioning your choice of brand or die manufacturer, but why Forster vs Redding, or Hornady, or...........? Personal preferance? Or is there some other reason? Is it a custom die? What exactly is an Ultra Seater Die? How is it different than say, a competition seating die or a standard seating die?
Too many questions. Sorry. All I wanted to say was congrats, then I got curious.
Sorry for the delay winmag. I just got back to the office.

I'm loading for a .300 Remington ultra mag . This is a bench rest comp. die that comes with a micrometer adjustment on the top of it just like the reddings or similar . The reason I got it was because it is cheaper than the redding and I read on 6mm br that redding copied this design so it should be as good hopefully. Works very well so far.

BB
Old 07-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
Sorry for the delay winmag. I just got back to the office.

I'm loading for a .300 Remington ultra mag . This is a bench rest comp. die that comes with a micrometer adjustment on the top of it just like the reddings or similar . The reason I got it was because it is cheaper than the redding and I read on 6mm br that redding copied this design so it should be as good hopefully. Works very well so far.

BB
Sounds cool. Thanks for filling me in.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 07-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Sounds cool. Thanks for filling me in.

Your welcome , I didn't make it to 700 yrds but i made it to 546 too much weeds to get the shot angle to 7 . I didn't do as well as I thought but this is the first time I've ever shot a 3 shot group at this distance I'm going to try n post a pic of the target and my rifle today . I'm computer stupid so i need all of the luck i can get

bigBuck
Old 07-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Platinum Member

Congrats on the die. Look forward to seeing target pics.